injector pulse width inj/ms

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
1illdc5

injector pulse width inj/ms

Post by 1illdc5 »

just recently installed a frank swap in my rsx runs lil rough i was wondering if lengthing my injector wires would cause my injector pulse width to go all out of wack?

k24a1/k20a2
k-tuned fuel rail
k-tuned tps
prb intake w/ short ram
stock header w/ 2.5 cat back
k-pro v3 up to date

any other sugestions to my build would be great thanks in advance
Attachments
new try.kal
(154.22 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
03' rsx-s k20a2
k pro v3
k tuned fuel rail
k tuned tps
2.5 cat back
aem intake
Friendly

Re: injector pulse width inj/ms

Post by Friendly »

You would of had to lengthen your wires by a could hundred feet for it to make an noticeable difference.
However if you did not lengthen them properly it could cause some resistance or impedance in the system.
Also I noticed that you are using a K20A2 tune for a K24/K20.
I would at least recommend getting a tune.

Also try relearning the idle, I noticed your idle control was really far to the right. Maybe its dirty. Take it off and clean it.
Just some ideas.
1illdc5

Post by 1illdc5 »

thanks ive recently pulled the k24/k20 threw another motor in to get it goin meanwhile... well almost same issue occuring misfire on number 4 random misifre then pending misfire on all cylinders basically.... this is the 3-4 motor ive installed an same issues keep re-occuring what could you reccommend the issue being? ive changed coils, plugs, injectors, wires to injectors.... i cant figure it out... was told to try new engine harness or even ecu... could my ecu of just gone out? its not even a year old with k pro...? motor ran fine before started knocking so i pulled it an swapped a motor an started the misfire issue... so i tried the frank swap thought it was maybe the head on the first 2.4 i installed... still misfire issue... tried an accord motor to different didnt use... threw the franks back in re timed it... still misfire... so last night i pulled the frank thinking it was head issue... threw a base model with low miles good motor still misfire issue????? someone said fuel pressure? no issues besides motor knock on old motor till this misfire deal!!!
03' rsx-s k20a2
k pro v3
k tuned fuel rail
k tuned tps
2.5 cat back
aem intake
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try the ECU in a known working vehicle. If the problem goes away then you know you have a wiring or mechanical issue in your vehicle that needs to be addressed.
Defcom012

Post by Defcom012 »

I have the same issue currently, I've have also changed all the parts as you mentioned as well. No change, I'm 100% sure its the engine harness, I have ordered on and will be here this week. And if its not that then its then ECU with may need to be sent in.