Auto Tune?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
clockstick

Auto Tune?

Post by clockstick »

Hello,
I searched through the forum to see if the s300 had an auto tune function. No I don't mean a magical tune button... but to input the desired air-fuel ratio for a given reagion and the computer will automatically adjust until that target afr is reached.
I was wondering if the s300 has such a capability.

P.S. I find the search function on this forum very difficult to navigate the BS from the non BS
clockstick

Post by clockstick »

ok I found that it does have the autotune by searching the help files on the smanager.
I do still however have a few questions left,
What are the parameters for the autotune to function, is it dependant solely on the set TPS settings?
Also what is the resolution and refresh rate for the auto tune to function?
what is concidered low load, medium load, and high load?
also will this correct fast enough if within the parameters if a portion of the map is 14.7 a wot and 7lbs of boost to get it right away to lets say 12.0 afr?
I am trying to acertain the accuracy and speed of the autotune function.
Thank You for your time
Jeffrey
clockstick

Nobody with the answers?

Post by clockstick »

Does anybody have the answers?
How about personal experience with using the autotune function? good and bad please.
12seccivy

Re: Nobody with the answers?

Post by 12seccivy »

clockstick wrote:Does anybody have the answers?
How about personal experience with using the autotune function? good and bad please.
I am new to hondata and am learning on the s300 also.
I think you need to use a wideband setup and connect to the o2 sensor wire to the ecu(hondata)in order to make it self tune.
I have a wideband and egt on my car but I want to tune it myself.
Super-Tuner

Post by Super-Tuner »

yes, you must have a wideband wired into the ecu in order to use autotune. Then on how to use it read this http://www.hondata.com/featuresautotune.html
clockstick

Post by clockstick »

hey thanks, I hadn't found that i was looking more under the s300,
I do have a lambda wideband hooked in I just wanted to understand how it works and how fast to speed up the initial callibration to make initial tuning a little quicker so I spend less time on the dyno at 100 bux an hour.
Thanks
tboostdsi

re:

Post by tboostdsi »

hi, i was wondering if you guys have the wideband output going into the o2 wire or do you have the narrowband going into the o2 input and the wideband going into the ELD wire on the ecu. i am confused i think i should just wire the wideband into the o2 input that way the wideband is going into the ecu and reading it. however i was told to hook the wideband to the ELD wire and the narrowband to the o2 sensor input. all the help would be great. i have a b18c5 84mm bore, 9.4:1 w 8lb jrsc, any basemaps would be great as well, thanks.
Djbower1

Re: re:

Post by Djbower1 »

tboostdsi wrote:hi, i was wondering if you guys have the wideband output going into the o2 wire or do you have the narrowband going into the o2 input and the wideband going into the ELD wire on the ecu. i am confused i think i should just wire the wideband into the o2 input that way the wideband is going into the ecu and reading it. however i was told to hook the wideband to the ELD wire and the narrowband to the o2 sensor input. all the help would be great. i have a b18c5 84mm bore, 9.4:1 w 8lb jrsc, any basemaps would be great as well, thanks.
Look @ this post

http://www.hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4257
flip1199

Post by flip1199 »

how do u use the autotune feature on the s300? i don't see a auto tune button. or am i supposed to click and hold down the "base autotune" button?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Autotune is done by holding down CTRL-T. You can see the shortcuts in the Edit menu.
TurboLS

Post by TurboLS »

When you use autotune, does it adjust for changes in IAT and ECT?? In my experience, AFR is heavily dependant upon both. The hotter the IAT and coolant, the leaner the mix if you hold the fuel pressure equal. So if one can use autotune at a given IAT and ECT and then be able to adjust for different temperatures, that would be slick... And yes, I know there are adjustment menus for those two, but i'm just gettin started! Thanks for all the helpful info fellas.
TurboLS from Team-Integra.net
(703)919-2786 (C)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Autotune only aadjusts the fuel tables, and you should only use it as a tool to get a rough map then you will need to go through and artistically smooth the maps out and fine tune.
RT

Post by RT »

Hi!

I have s300 and i want to start autotune.
I'll have set the target lambda and all other required data, clicked on edit menu to Autotune option, but nothing happens.
he give me the estimated change in fuel map ctrlshift F3, and what must it do, to change it all automatically?

Regards
RT
Spunkster wrote:Autotune only aadjusts the fuel tables, and you should only use it as a tool to get a rough map then you will need to go through and artistically smooth the maps out and fine tune.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You may find reading the autotune information for the s200 and Romeditr helpful....it works in the same way.

http://www.hondata.com/featuresautotune.html
RT

Post by RT »

Thanks for help
i have tried, but have questions

i set all of the autotune properties, target lambda, etr...
set the base map for autotune
starting autotune

the software fills the lambda values on the lambda map,
fills the correction values on the correction sheet
and when the correction values still available on the correction sheet
3,5,-8,-11 etc..
shoul i set with handwriting the values on the fuel map or
modifies the software them?
and what should i do to modify the software it automatically?

If i click on start autotune nothing happens with the values

Thank you
RT

Spunkster wrote:You may find reading the autotune information for the s200 and Romeditr helpful....it works in the same way.

http://www.hondata.com/featuresautotune.html