ECU swapping questions

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
K_A_N_O

ECU swapping questions

Post by K_A_N_O »

Hi everyone.

I have a 2004 TSX .

If I fit a 2007 TSX ECU and fit matching immobilizer and swap the chip from the key will it start? Or do I still need to get the ECU paired at Honda?

So I have matching 07 rbb-a71 ECU, immobilizer and key.

Just trying to save myself a trip to the honda dealer.

Thanks
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: ECU swapping questions

Post by Spunkster »

You should follow our instructions that are at: https://www.hondata.com/downloads/04-06 ... ctions.pdf
tonydean2021

Post by tonydean2021 »

I am buying a 2007 tsx ecu, is it compatible to be put into my 2004 tsx, how will the immobilizer work, on alldata and prodemand the 07 has an imoes module, but my 07 does not have that. The guy is also going to send me the key with the ecu, will I for sure be able to use this ecu with hondata flash pro and not have to change out ecus again ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must follow the instructions in the link I previously posted.
tonydean2021

Post by tonydean2021 »

So it is impossible to do myself? I work at a shop we have tools to replace ecus. Snap on stuff, not the HDS with iN, I have the tools to write my Vin to the ecu so I'm guessing I am also able to write the immobilizer code, I also have alldata, and prodemand, the honda service procedure the dealer uses to replace the pcm. Will I be able to try it with my stuff and if it doesn't work put the original pcm back in and then take it to the honda dealer?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend leaving this to the dealer.
tonydean2021

Post by tonydean2021 »

I understand and have talked to my supervisors. They said the same our equipment won't do it. Just one more question, can the immobilizer be disabled with the flashpro
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No it cannot.
tonydean2021

Post by tonydean2021 »

Is there an immobilizer disable unit that can be installed such as ktuned ect
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No there isn't.
slow_r18_

Post by slow_r18_ »

Hey, did you ever find out a solution ? My buddy has the same issue on his 04 man tsx. Where we are: we took several parts from a scrapyard 07 auto tsx. We have some knowledge in mechanical but not as much in electronics, we sure learned some stuff with this problem !

We first took the whole ignition lock cylinder and the key plus the ecu. After installing, green key light blinks. So we thought that either the ecu was locked(we tried several times to start the car and we used the 04 key to lock/unlock doors but 07 key to try and start the car.) OR there is a missing part of the puzzle.

We then thought about the driver door lock cylinder, there is a chip and connector going to it. So we thought it reads the transponder in the key. Plus , my buddy works at a local general automotive garage and he looked up some info about the tsx immobilizer system. We have everything except the IMOES unit specific to 07-08 apparently. So I'm going to go get the imoes unit and the driver door lock cylinder today from that 07 tsx.

If this still dosen't work, we'll re-verify the dlc connectors and CAN wires connections, with continuity tests.