Hard misfire on Cyl#2.

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
LIL BLUE H22

Hard misfire on Cyl#2.

Post by LIL BLUE H22 »

ok so h22a4 swap into a 01 accord using oem dist obd2. misfire on number 2. swapped coils and misfire stayed on cyl2. while engine is running and a grounded spark plug is used you CANNOT see spark, if so its very INTERMITTENT. it ran fine before the cpr install. it runs fine for a few secs sporadically then goes back to misfire. which would probably explain the intermittent spark from that coil. so any ideas. swapped ecus, p28 with known good one. swapped dist with known good one. i even joined both icm outputs together for the orange/red wire to ensure that it had a strong signal. ground and power are at the ecu and both soldered in like it should be. all the lights flash as the should at the correct speeds. so any help would be good. oh and im using a manual harness from a 99 accord. not sure is that matters.

thanks in advance
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Hard misfire on Cyl#2.

Post by Spunkster »

If it is intermittent, it sounds like you have a loose wire somewhere that goes to that cylinder. I would recommend checking continuity with a multimeter while moving the wires around.
LIL BLUE H22

Re: Hard misfire on Cyl#2.

Post by LIL BLUE H22 »

After more diag tonight after cleaning the ground and removing the excess shrink wrap from the loop and i filed both surfaces to ensure good connection. connected the cpr system directly to the battery to make sure i had solid 12v(for testing only) and found that when running if i unplug the number 4 coil the number 2 fires properly and vise versa. so i will check the continuity on the wires tomorrow but that kinda threw me. so i hope this helps us figure this out. i really want this to work, when i first installed it, things ran great and sometimes it still does. but it goes to crap in minutes. its smooth until it warms up. but lately that dont matter. i have not been able to use it since install. it just cant get right lol.

thanks for the quick response