Bad v1 Board?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
masonshear

Bad v1 Board?

Post by masonshear »

Been chasing problems with my turbo b16 CRX. Had issues with ignition breakup at the dyno, tried new plugs, wires, distributor, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel sock, nothing would fix the issue. Eventually I swapped over to a friends ECU and it seemed to go away. Then I swapped mine back in and the issue had seemed to resolve itself for a couple weeks. It started again, only slightly. Random ignition breakups. I was trying to datalog and noticed some of my sensors weren't reading correctly (AFR). Then it kept crashing completely and I realized the red light was on (D1) It it a green board S300 v1. What does the red light mean? Is my problem with my ECU? I found someone who can solder a new battery on if that's the issue but it seems most people with the red LED on can't even start the car.
crluver123

Re: Bad v1 Board?

Post by crluver123 »

red light means a fault with the hondata board or the connection between the board and the ecu.

Usually the first symptoms of the v1 battery going bad are occasional datalog issues, then it works its way up to communication issues with a connected laptop and/or the tune randomly corrupting or getting erased altogether when you turn the key off. Eventually it won't be able to upload anything to the s300 and will pretty much just flat-line and do nothing.
crluver123

Post by crluver123 »

there could also be an issue with the ecu itself. Capacitors could be leaking and losing power and/or damaging the board.

I would suggest trying your s300 in a known good ecu, and also trying a known good s300 in your ecu to see which component the problem chases.
masonshear

Post by masonshear »

Does the red led d1 come on when data logging? When I saw it I was trying to log but it froze
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The red led will flash when datalogging and when on-board datalogging is used.