newbie info about low speed vs high

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
autox19

newbie info about low speed vs high

Post by autox19 »

when I datalog, I see (for example) at 6400 rpm @ -22 looking at the low speed, I get am lamda of 16.79. when I look at the high speed, same spot, I get 11.4. I know this is probably a simple question, but hey, I am old :) why are there 2 numbers? running on a b16a.

Odie
Fiat x19 with B16
crluver123

Re: newbie info about low speed vs high

Post by crluver123 »

It means the tune is way off.
Low speed = vtec off
high speed = vtec on
autox19

Post by autox19 »

interesting. stock odb0 b16, ODB1 dizzy, header. running the base p30 map with vtec pressure off, ELD off open loop. AEM Wideband going to d10.
I am chasing another possible issue on why it has a miss (voltage drops below 11v over 6500 rpm)

so they can have 2 different values at that given RPM as one situation would be running vtec using the high table, where I could have the same RPM but not running vtec so it is using the low? if so, that makes sense why people say to move the vtec engagement real high (or off) when tuning the low map. then drop it when doing the high cam?

Odie
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Yes that is how you can tune the low cam and the n the hi cam separately.

Your belt may be slipping causing the voltage to drop at higher RPM, or your alternator has an issue.
autox19

Post by autox19 »

going to have it checked. it is VERY possible it is bad. this project had the alt sitting in a garage for about 10 years.

thanks all!!

Odie
autox19

Post by autox19 »

ugh. got a new 90 amp alt. Same issue. at least I know the car has a new alt with a little more power, thats never bad.

looking at the data log. it looks like it has the drain as soon as vtec kicks in. like to the frame.

thoughts on where to look next? is this normal? can someone post a "good" vtec datalog I can compare it to?

Odie
Attachments
drive4.s3d
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 101 times
autox19

Post by autox19 »

OMG>   I think I got it!!!!!   I was thinking. what about dead times. well I looked at what the stock should be, and that is what I have.  for giggles, in hondata I used the "picker" to choose stock b16. 3 of the fields grayed out as if they were changed. even though they were the same numbers. I saved it. when back in and used the picker again. this time nothing changed. something g must have been corrupt.  no more bad miss in vtec. volts are still low, but now dead times are compensated correctly. 
ever see this?

Wooo Hoo!!   (i hope) 

Odie