Wideband readings wont go into Lambda overlay tables

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Fastcivic

Wideband readings wont go into Lambda overlay tables

Post by Fastcivic »

A few months ago I had my s-300 V1 in my 89 CRX with a b16a. I followed all procedures and correct wiring and was successful in using the Lambda overlay tables. Since then the car has sat for about 2 months and when I went back into it to try and fine tune the tables a little more I am unable to get my plx wideband readings to show up in my Lambda tables again. Everything was set up exactly the same way as it was before when it worked perfectly and nothing has changed but now I can't get the readings to come up in the tables.

I am hooked into d-10 with the two resistors remove necessary to do so, I have the voltage readings set properly, selected Lambda voltage in closed-loop, activated real time updates, changed gauges to air fuel and still nothing. I even checked the voltage with a voltmeter at the ECU on pin d-10 while everything was running and it's reading the correct voltage. If I switch the air fuel gauge over to Lambda voltage it reads the correct voltage on the gauge and on the gauge in the s300 but will still not populate my tables. I even tried switching over to D14 and changing all appropriate settings and can still not get the table to populate. I have since put everything back to the way it was originally when I started and I've even started from scratch with a brand-new calibration and fresh settings and still cannot populate my tables.

I have tried switching to open loop and that didn't correct the issue. I've done everything I can think of even following as many online tutorials as I can find which isn't many by the way but followed them all to a T and can still not get my tables to populate. I've spent hours trying to correct this issue and I don't know what else to do or where else to turn for help since there is not a large online presents for this particular issue.

I'm guessing there must be a setting I missing or something that needs switched over or turned on but for the life of me I cannot figure out what it is.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Wideband readings wont go into Lambda overlay tables

Post by Spunkster »

When was the last time you rebooted the laptop?
Fastcivic

Post by Fastcivic »

I turn it off after every use
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Check the overslay settigns and make sure that all the parameters are being met. (Options, settings, sensor overlay)
Fastcivic

Post by Fastcivic »

It just started working out of the blue, didn't change a thing. But it seems ok for now.

A little bit of a side note, for whatever reason every time I go to turn the car on it seems that the ECU is not holding any memory because the car won't start unless I hook up the s300 in the laptop and upload a file to the ECU. Is there a fuse or something that could be blown or do you have any ideas on what the issue could be here? The factory computer had no issues whatsoever. It is a obd0 converted to a OBD1 p28. I used a standard jumper harness and haven't cut anything out or anything like that. This problem means I have to carry my laptop with me everywhere even if I go into a store and I turn the car off I have to upload back into the computer for the car to start and run properly.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like the s300 is faulty and should be upgraded to the version 3. Details on upgrading can be found at: https://www.hondata.com/downloads/s300v ... e_form.pdf
Fastcivic

Post by Fastcivic »

Yes it's a version 1 but it is actually fairly new. I purchased this many many years ago and had it tucked away in a safe and honestly completely forgot I had it until how about one year ago. Then I finally got around to installing it into an ECU and have only used it for a total of maybe 10 hours? It would seem to me that the board should have lasted much longer than that. Before I go and spend hundreds of dollars ( again ) to have you guys inspect it and possibly upgrade, I'm going to try to use the s300 in another vehicle and see if it gives me the same issue with the memory. If it does then yeah I agree with you that the board is faulty ( which would be very disappointing seeing as these systems are not cheap ). Hopefully soon I can test this Theory and post my results and let you know. If it is not the board and the s300 is working properly in another vehicle, where should I look beyond that as far as an issue with memory goes?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It does not sound like there is any other issue. IF the backup battery dies then the only option is to upgrade. The new v3 s300 does not have a battery and is much more reliable.
Fastcivic

Post by Fastcivic »

Thank you for sending the form. I had a little trouble understanding it though, you mentioned it would be $100 for the upgrade but in the form it is showing 200 + and 300 +... I'm just curious on what the cost for an upgrade would actually be if I send in my ECU s-300? And what would happen if they determine that there is nothing wrong with what I send in and it turns out being a wiring issue or something related to the car and not the ECU? Is upgrade still available at that point even if there is nothing wrong with the s300?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

upgrading from a non-working or damaged s300 is an additional $100 over the price of upgrading.
Fastcivic

Post by Fastcivic »

If I do the upgrade and want to have boost control added, is that going to affect my all motor Tunes? Or is it something I can decide to activate or deactivate in a software?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This will have no effect on your tunes as it is hardware added to the ECU to enable the output.
Fastcivic

Post by Fastcivic »

Got it, thx
crluver123

Post by crluver123 »

@Fastcivic
PM me. For some reason the site won't let me send you PM's, they just get stuck in the outbox and never actually get sent.