Kpro V4 on PRA (Closed loop issues) custom input.

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
K20RX7

Kpro V4 on PRA (Closed loop issues) custom input.

Post by K20RX7 »

Hi Guys

K20 FD RX7 is now alive however:
I am using the analogue inputs for wideband - 0-5V
I have to use custom values as im using a brand new design wideband from LD Performance.
I have the same issues where when analogue selected and custom values entred i cannot select Analogue input for closed loop.

Has hondata sored this issue on a more recent firmware upgrade?

Look forward to any replys..

Oh and if your bored my channel on youtube is BEYTEK. you can see the car there :)
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Kpro V4 on PRA (Closed loop issues) custom input.

Post by Hondata »

Please post your calibration. I'm not sure what the exact issue is - can't you select the input under 'external wideband'?
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You cannot use custom values for closed loop operation from an custom entered after market wideband. Only the preset widebands can be used. If it uses the same calibration info as one of the preselected ones you can use that.
K20RX7

Post by K20RX7 »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:06 am You cannot use custom values for closed loop operation from an custom entered after market wideband. Only the preset widebands can be used. If it uses the same calibration info as one of the preselected ones you can use that.
Ahh damit! Wish this was maybe made a little clearer after forking out £180 on a wideband kit.
Unfortunalty there will not be any that are similar as this new ADV sensor reasd 6.5 afr to 26 afr so 0-5V Scaling will be off :(

Im on PRA ECU (Narrowband from facory) hence having to use external wideband. im currently away form work. could one of you gentlemen post a list of Widebands that will work with kpro for closed loop?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Any of the widebands listed in the Analog inputs section will work. I personally recommend the PLX Devices widebands as they are very reliable and easy to setup.
K20RX7

Post by K20RX7 »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:50 am Any of the widebands listed in the Analog inputs section will work. I personally recommend the PLX Devices widebands as they are very reliable and easy to setup.
Thanks for the fast reply,

like this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLX-Devices- ... ctupt=true

I dont tune with Closed loop. I always tune with Open loop and then just use closed loop for fine tunning for diffrent weather conditions etc.
out of curiosity does autotune function work without closed loop compatible wideband?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Yes that should work.

Yes you should be able to use the PLX wideband for Autotune.
K20RX7

Post by K20RX7 »

Incase anyone is lookign for them. Here is a list of widebands that will work with closed loop fuel control

WIDEBANDS:

AEM 30-0310
AEM 30-4100
AEM 30-4110
AEM 30-5130
AEM 30-2310
AEM 30-2340
INOVATE LC-1
INOVATE LC-2
MoTeC PLM
NGK AFX
PLX SM-AFR
TECHEDGE
ZETRONIX

Cheers BEYTEK
K20RX7

Post by K20RX7 »

I actually have a spare INOVATE MTX-L Would that work under the Lc-2 if its the same span?

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If it uses the same calibration info you could, but I have seen a lot of issues when using those widebands.
K20RX7

Post by K20RX7 »

Spunkster wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:52 am If it uses the same calibration info you could, but I have seen a lot of issues when using those widebands.
Just checked.

MTX-L Uses:
0v=7.35AFR
5v=22.39

LC-2 Uses:
0v=7.35AFR
5v=22.39

As they both use the same Calibration it will work fine. What issues do you know of. I come from rotary so i know i chew through sensors due to the abount of oil / 2T burnt. I also know they can burn sensors out / shorter life style due to the type of controler and warm up procedure they have. apart from that its been great in my Adaptronic ecu, i found AEM require an actual AEM 4.9 sensor for it to be acurate as there chipped in the sensor. The inovate can use the Bocsh 4.9 straight from the packet. I do listen to other peoples opinions though. :)

Cheers

BEYTEK
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We have seen that they loose their programming fairly easily and since you can change the output voltage programming it makes knowing if it is giving an accurate reading somewhat uncertain.