Another "help me wire Innovate LC2 wideband"

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
EJ8FD3S

Another "help me wire Innovate LC2 wideband"

Post by EJ8FD3S »

Hey, so I am on the finishing touches to my 96 Civic boosted track car. I am not 100% sure of how to hook up my LC2 wideband. Here is how I am thinking I will be wiring it in. Can anyone verify that this is correct? I don't want to damage anything. Since I am OBD2a, I went off obd2 pinout so when I convert to obd1 with the jumper harness to use Hondata, they should be right. I have seen several different ways to wire it, but I am not sure which way is the correct way. Help is appreciated. Thanks!

Red wire: A24 (power source)
Black wire: Frame ground
Brown wire (analog 2): D16 (ELD)
Yellow wire (analog 1): D7 (primary heated o2)
MugenFoo

Re: Another "help me wire Innovate LC2 wideband"

Post by MugenFoo »

I can share how i wired up the older Innovate LC-1 to a S300V3 with a JDM P30 ECU.
- Stock O2 (narrowband) signal from the stock sensor to the ECU was left untouched.
- Innovate LC-1's analog 1 was programmed for 0 to 5 volts, linear to go into the ECU's ELD input.

The car ran amazingly well in closed-loop all the way to redline regardless of load. A/F were always spot-on as determined via SManager (you can decide when you wanna run stoich, up to whichever load that you'd wanna run your preferred richer AF value then) .

General tip: Be careful how you ground the Innovate LC2 unit, otherwise you might have to do some voltage offset trims in SManager to match the wideband readings. Some slight voltage offsets could be unavoidable generally due to aged wiring, aged chassis, etc. But if you need to key-in anything larger than 0.1-0.2V to trim the offset, you'd better work on improving the overall grounding of the car and/or rewiring the ground points first. Mine was around 0.02V or 0.04V offset to get the A/F numbers to be read accurately by the S300.

Assuming you're using a V3 board, its a good idea to also have the Innovate's serial output (the MTS data stream) fed into the S300V3's Digital-0 input, just follow the pin/wiring diagrams on the S300/SManager manual configure it as such via SManager. Although the information sent from the LC2 to the S300V3's digital input is purely informational, it serves as a very good reference to calibrate the Innovate's analog signal going into ECU's ELD and how it's being interpreted by S300. You may search for my previous thread on how to get the Innovate and S300V3 talking nicely with each other digitally. You don't have to worry about any analog voltage offset errors here. A/F data is being sent from the LC2 to the S300 purely in the digital domain.

Remember to program the ANalog 2 (via LMProgrammer) to simulate a narrowband signal if you're depending on it to be fed into D7. But personally I'd rather just leave the stock O2 and its wiring alone, and add another bung on the manifold to screw in the wideband. That way, if the wideband sensor ever goes crazy, you still have a narrowband backup to show some tell-tale signs that something is not right. Think of if as cheap insurance against false-signal induced lean scenarios.

Hope this helps.
EJ8FD3S

Post by EJ8FD3S »

Thank you for the detailed reply. That helps a bunch. And yes, I will be using Hondata S300 V3. Thanks again for the help.
AREA876

Post by AREA876 »

Red wire: A24 (power source)
Black wire: Frame ground
Brown wire (analog 2): D16 (ELD)
Yellow wire (analog 1): D7 (primary heated o2)

I think you mean D10 (ELD) and D14 (O2) as those are some of the inputs used for wideband input source