Toyota engine on P72/hondata

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
Connor72

Toyota engine on P72/hondata

Post by Connor72 »

Hey fellas. New here. Im mostly a Toyota guy but I have lots of friends with Honda's and one of them told me to look into running my Toyota with a Honda ecu. Im not really sure how this works but I assume it's similar to running an aftermarket ecu. I heard with a p72 you have to run the Honda dizzy though? Anyway, how would I go about programming a Honda ecu to work with my engine?

Here's my engine.
Modified Toyota 3tc screamer.
Ported and polished 3tc head with 3mm oversized valves,
46mm itb's, custom made by my friend.
Big custom header.
94mm bore
78mm stroke
12:1 compression.
Huge cam that'll make power till about 9k RPM.
I forgot cam specs but that's not important right now lol.
And a bunch of other little mods. I might even go dry sump and electric water pump as my buddy has a setup collecting dust.
Anyway, what would I need to save a few bucks and go hondata? If I go aftermarket I figure I'll have about $2400 into it once dyno runs and tuners at accounted for. Cheers! -Connor
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Toyota engine on P72/hondata

Post by Spunkster »

You will have to do more research to find out if others have done some thing like this and if they have not then you will have to do more research to see what is needed or if this is even possible.
Connor72

Post by Connor72 »

Lots of people have done it with 4age's and other engines, but not the 3tc since t is carb'd. What do you need to run a Honda engine on itb's with hondata? What sensots? I can make a mount for the dizzy, I can instl custom sensors, im jidt not sure how to set all the wiring up or where anything goes lol
hpmx18

Post by hpmx18 »

i tuned a car
96 toyota corolla with chipped p28 and worked out fine all the electrical was done by a local mechanic and eveything worked very well no issues
LGMotoring
IG:Lgmotoring
Lgmotoring.com
Connor72

Post by Connor72 »

P28 Huh? Would that be easier than a p72? I heard p72 is the way to go, but I also heard people say it's easier to use a non vtec cars ecu because there will be less wiring.
hpmx18

Post by hpmx18 »

vtec wiring is only 1 wire i highly doubt itll b that much more work
LGMotoring
IG:Lgmotoring
Lgmotoring.com
polinkuer12

Post by polinkuer12 »

hondata gave me good experiences. Why don't you try it?
Quick Draw