MRLY

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
insomnia

MRLY

Post by insomnia »

Hi,
Kpro ECU has "MRLY" on E7 pin, What is it? It is connected to a relay near the fuel pump relay

Regards
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: MRLY

Post by Hondata »

E7 is grounded by the ECU to switch on the main relay. It also is the source of trickle power to keep the ECU memory alive.
Many people connect E7 to +12V (either via an existing main relay or from switched ignition). The ECU then grounds E7 and burns out the component in the ECU. The ECU then will not switch on the main relay and also does not get the memory keep alive power.
Hondata
oliversok1

Post by oliversok1 »

Sorry to bring this bad from the dead but I am having issues trying to figure out a solution to keep the backup power function on my swap. Kseries in an S2000. So far from hours of looking circuit diagrams, it seems like the RSX uses Main Relay 1 as a backup power source and as a switch to turn on Main Relay 2.

My car only has only Main Relay and E7 seems to not be in use. The RSX has 4 power sources and 4 grounds, the s2000 has 3 power sources and 4 grounds. One of the power source is for the backup power of 12V at all times.

Is there a simple solution or am I stuck with the ECU/DTC resetting everytime I shut the car off and on?
oliversok1

Post by oliversok1 »

This might be a dumb question, but is there a way to make it so that E7 wont ground so as to damage the ECU? and instead be used solely to power the ecu when the car is off?