RC SL9-310 injectors not fitting in my B16a intake manifold

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
Jacobrw91

RC SL9-310 injectors not fitting in my B16a intake manifold

Post by Jacobrw91 »

I have a stock b16a motor that I turboed and need bigger injectors. I bought an AEM fuel rail with RC SL9-310 injectors, the injectors fit in the rail and the rail fits on to my manifold but the injectors are too big to fit in my manifold. I have done research and everyone says these injectors fit all b series motors. My motor is OBD2 and I have the adapter cables for the injectors to work on OBD2. Is it possible that the previous owner of my motor put a different manifold that happens to bolt up to the motor but uses smaller injector holes? Does anyone know of such a manifold? Does anyone know of a B16a that these RC injectors won't work in?
justink

Re: RC SL9-310 injectors not fitting in my B16a intake manif

Post by justink »

Two options,
Take the manifold off and take it to a machine shop so they can open the holes.
Or
Take the turbo off.
Not sure if the b18 manifold fits that head
JMCFab

Re: RC SL9-310 injectors not fitting in my B16a intake manif

Post by JMCFab »

The injectors RC uses are turned down smaller with a lathe. I had them do this to a set of mine before so they would fit in the rail. When RC buys them, they machine them pending the application they are going in. Does the bottom look like they may have been turned down or no? This will tell you what to do next. It was an inexpensive process for them to do it, I think $30 years ago. A lot cheaper than buying replacement injectors.