95honda accord lx. dies while driving then wont start again

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
skatervinn

95honda accord lx. dies while driving then wont start again

Post by skatervinn »

Hi, so I need some help. Haven't had this car to long but it ran good for awhile. Ran into a few problems. Such as clogged injectors. Removed and cleaned. Car ran good for awhile. Died again randomly. Then won't start again for awhile. I tried replacing the main relay but even with the new relay car still randomy dies. I also tried swapping distributors and the car ran good for awhile but eventually died while driving and wouldn't start. (This swapped distributor was leakin threw seals so I put original back on)(considered maybe both were bad?) So next iv been looking into the ingnition switch. I can wiggle the key a lot but the car never dies. Removed the covers and inspected wires for anything loose. Found nothing. Honestly it seems like the car mostly dies during the mid day time. Cuz I can drive it at night and it runs fine. But my mom tried to use it like at lunch time and it started and died with in 2mins. And again wouldn't start. I wanna sell this car. But I need it running right. Anyone got any ideas? I keep thinking its a fuel pump issue or a spark issue. Also maybe the computer?
MotorMo

Re: 95honda accord lx. dies while driving then wont start ag

Post by MotorMo »

It sounds like a heat related issue. Also sounds like you have replaced all of the most likley suspect, except for the distributer/coil. check for codes for any easy leads. if inspection of the ignition cap has "red dust" in it, chances are the problem lies in the distributor housing. this "dust" is due to the bearings of the distributor shaving metal. I would inspect ur ignition system next. good luck- ps if its ur ignition swith, when it dies note what the dash lights do- if they go out when ur car dies chances are its the switch, but doesnt sound like it...
use good sense when performing these inspections/repairs.
justink

Re: 95honda accord lx. dies while driving then wont start ag

Post by justink »

Clean and reconnect your engine grounds. The original problem is normally the distributor though.