octane and Boost

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
blacksi76

octane and Boost

Post by blacksi76 »

I have a fully built H22 turbo setup ( S300 ) in my 2000 Honda Civic, and its going in to be tuned, How much boost can I run on 95 octane without having to worry about detonation?I am running T1 1000cc injectors, 8.5:1 compression, Garrett GT3076R turbo and a lovefab tubular manifold....
thething96

Post by thething96 »

It's not mainly about how much boost can the engine handle, it's about how much horsepower it can take. Take in fact also as to how much boost can a specific turbo put out before it's out of it's range. A good tuner should explain all this before tuning your setup, and it's a good setup by the way. Not too sure how much power can the stock sleeves handle(if they're stock).
blacksi76

hey

Post by blacksi76 »

Oh its fully built, closed deck block , LA sleeves ( ductile Iron ) bored out to 88mm, Eagle rods, Wiseco 8.5:1 pistons, all ARP main and head studs, the head has had a 3 angle valve job, and equipped with skunk2 valve springs and titanium retainers to handle the high RPM's, manifold is made by Lovefab, and is an equal length tubular manifold, Tial V60 wastegate, and TialQ BOV, 3inch charge piping, 3 inch straight through exhaust, Stage 4 Bully Clutch and lightweight flywheel,and the Garrett GT3076R thats supposed to be good for up to 525HP, T1 1000cc injectors and is being tuned by Tony Palo himself at T1 race development....
stikerguy

Post by stikerguy »

Tony is the man rest assures he will make asmuch as possible withyour setup! Race gas will be your best bet but I have made 500whp on pump gas builds.
blacksi76

hey

Post by blacksi76 »

Yeah we have 91 here at our local gas stations, but I am a Dealer for Torco Race fuels so I was gonna run 95octane when I get it tuned, I was hoping to run 20lbs of boost, so I am just curious how much power I can make with my setup on 95 octane..