Is FlashPro applicable in NA+Turbo 9th gen i4

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2008+ Accord, Americas and international
Selym50

Is FlashPro applicable in NA+Turbo 9th gen i4

Post by Selym50 »

I'm in the process of installing a turbo in my 2013 Accord Coupe EX (4cyl).. I have a majority of the pieces already, just sort of planning. I've been using flashpro on my car in NA for over 6 months (tuning for CAI, etc), but I've noticed that it's lacking a lot of features (injectors, fuel tables, etc) and might not work for my turbo build. Can someone tell me if using FlashPro for this is a lost cause?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Is FlashPro applicable in NA+Turbo 9th gen i4

Post by Spunkster »

This vehicle is direct injection so you can change the injectors or do a lot of the things you can do with prior K24 engines. You can tune for boost conditions, and swap in a 4 bar map sensor, but you will be limited by the fuel system of the vehicle in hoe much boost/power you make. If this is a manual it will be much easier to tune than the CVT.
Selym50

Post by Selym50 »

It is a manual. How would I tune for boost conditions at partial throttle with AFM?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

That should not change unless the AFM housing has been altered in size or location.

This will require custom tuning on the dyno.
Selym50

Post by Selym50 »

What i'm understanding is when the car goes into boost, it will require a richer AFR. The target AFR when not in WOT is set to 14.7, which is too lean for boost. In WOT you can change the target AFR for boost, which is fine, but if partial throttle + boost condition what can you do other than set a lower target AFR across the board? It would be ideal to have the car at stoich when not in boost, then richer when in boost.

I really appreciate your help with this and trying to make me understand. I don't have a problem taking it to a dyno and getting a custom tune by a professional, but I want to understand how everything works anyway.