2018 Accord Sport 2.0t 6spd Calibration Issue

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2008+ Accord, Americas and international
ReaperM3

2018 Accord Sport 2.0t 6spd Calibration Issue

Post by ReaperM3 »

Greetings,

I own a 2018 Honda Accord 2.0t 6spd 48k miles with the following mods...

CTR Turbo
PRL 3” Front Pipe
PRL Intercooler
Takeda CAI
Hondata Flashpro

So I had the CTR, DP, FP, IC, and CAI installed at 40k miles and Immediately loaded the CTR base map from the hondata list. Just 2 days ago, 8k miles later, I decided to have my car tuned by Absolute Pro Performance in Finksburg, MD who is Hondata certified. First 3 runs yielded only 245whp and 287 lbs tq. The tuner and I both thought these numbers seemed extremely low considering the mods. Upon further investigation, it appeared that the hondata map was requesting timing and with data logging found that I was -3 in timing when I should have been around 25. Long story short, the tuner uploaded the +6 psi factory turbo map and adjusted the air/fuel. During this pull my car was responding with the proper timing and went from the above 245whp/287tq to 324whp/361tq at 22psi and 11.5 a/f @ WOT. The cars pulls very hard now but 3rd and 4th WOT at 4500rpm and higher cuts in and out. No boost surging and a/f is dead on up until the sputtering. Under normal driving, the car is smooth. The tuner suggested that we gap down the spark plugs and do another data log session.

I guess my question is, am I safe to be on the factory turbo +6 psi map with changed A/F, or should we upload the CTR map again and diagnose why we have no timing advance just on this tune. Also, any other suggestions or ideas as to why im experiencing the sputter on and off at high rpm....thanks in advance!
2018 Honda Accord 2.0t 6spd MS
-CTR Turbo
-RV6-P ... Downpipe
-PRL 3" Frontpipe
-Takeda Cold Air Intake (Dry)
-PRL Intercooler
-Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
-H&R Sport Springs
-JDM Style Front Lip
-Plasti-Dipped F/R Emblems
-Lamin-X Tint Headlamps
Tomy12

Re: 2018 Accord Sport 2.0t 6spd Calibration Issue

Post by Tomy12 »

I have just installed a CTR turbo on my 2020 6speed accord and I am experiencing the same issue with the CTR calibration, I have not tried the stage 2 calibration,

Did you manage to sort out the issues you were having,
Any help would be great

Thanks
ReaperM3

Re: 2018 Accord Sport 2.0t 6spd Calibration Issue

Post by ReaperM3 »

Tomy12 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:22 pm I have just installed a CTR turbo on my 2020 6speed accord and I am experiencing the same issue with the CTR calibration, I have not tried the stage 2 calibration,

Did you manage to sort out the issues you were having,
Any help would be great

Thanks
For starters, we ended up taking off the cold air intake and installing the factory OEM box. I gained another 8hp switching back to the factory air box. I am still on the Hondata 2.0t stage 2 preset tune with adjustments to the A/F and timing. No issues with sputtering and A/F is 11.5 WOT. I now have been running the CTR for 25k no issues so far. I have installed a catch can and every 4k miles I do get a small amount of oil in the canister.
2018 Honda Accord 2.0t 6spd MS
-CTR Turbo
-RV6-P ... Downpipe
-PRL 3" Frontpipe
-Takeda Cold Air Intake (Dry)
-PRL Intercooler
-Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
-H&R Sport Springs
-JDM Style Front Lip
-Plasti-Dipped F/R Emblems
-Lamin-X Tint Headlamps