MAF Scaling

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
alex_ctr

MAF Scaling

Post by alex_ctr »

Hondata,

Last week i tuned a customer car, stock fk8 with PRL HVI Race MAF , upload the PRL HVI MAF setting, dyno them and all was perfect, no MAF adjustment needed.

Today i have updated my car from Rampage 3.5" Maf Housing to PRL Race MAF housing. The airbox is the PRL HVI with Rampage FAB RS450 Turbo upgrade, PRL Flex fuel kit, PRL intercooler, PRL cat and front pipe .
The car before is really good tuned on dyno with the Rampage 3.5" MAF housing and Flex fuel system , Long Trim and S Trim in WOT was near the +/- 3% range.
Installed today the PRL Race Maf housing, i upload the last calibration on the dyno with only new the setting for the PRL HVI MAF selected on the Flashpro Mods.
I start the car, drive in the street for about 15 minutes and i see at the idle the Long trim is 33% and in normal cruise at about 24%.
So i adjust a litte the MAF sensor Flow table.
After the same driving the long trim and short trim is perfect to 0.
I start with the Dyno pull, i do about 5 dyno pull for every mods and after a new upload i do before the dyno a 15 minute street driving.
First dyno pull, when the turbo spool and i have about 3.40V MAF , i have a short trim at 15% so i add 15% from 3.40 v to 5 volt.
DO another dyno pull and the long trim/short trim need another 24% ..
This is very strange..and i have a strange spike on AF.
After this dyno pull i do some modification to the MAF setting and the graph show me a not clear MAF curve..

Can you take a look at this?
Attachments
maf prl race.fpdl
(133.37 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
MAF PRL RACE.fpcal
(19.35 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: MAF Scaling

Post by Hondata »

Re-select the fuel pump modification and then zero out the overall fuel trim.

See the release notes and the notes under the fuel pump modification as to why.
Hondata