Datalog feedback

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
ayau

Re: Datalog feedback

Post by ayau »

Did another 4th gear log, this time with lower ambient temps (~64F ambient) and refilled some E25. With the reduced air charge limit, the fuel pump spiked to 100% again and fuel pressure dropped slightly. I thought ambient temps didn't matter when setting the air charge limits.

Any suggestions? Drop down to E20 and run the E25 map and monitor for knock? Continue to drop air charge limits? Just run 93 tune?
Attachments
e25_4thgear_7.14.2020.fpdl
(60 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
sloth4urluv

Post by sloth4urluv »

Without a flexfuel sensor personally I would error on the side of caution and drop the AirCharge limit or just run 93 octane.
ayau

Post by ayau »

So I realized I was doing something stupid. My Flashpro had the following calibrations.

Primary: 91
Secondary: e25 with reduced air charge limit

I performed the live tuning on the e25 base map and reduced air charge by about 9-10% at peak torque.

After live tuning, I saved the new map as the secondary calibration in the Flashpro. I thought I was uploading the e25 map, but I was actually uploading the 91 primary map into the ECU.

I was uploading the map incorrect. I held down the datalog button, then the program button, and released the datalog button first, then the program button. This is the incorrect method. The correct method is to hold the data button down, then program, release program first and then datalog. In other words, I was running the 91 map with e25 gas.

I verified I was on the incorrect map when I was comparing the e25 live data log vs a more recent pull. The e25 live tune log clearly indicated more ignition timing.

I verified all my logs didn’t show any major timing being pulled from knock and the fuel trims were pretty normal. Hopefully I didn’t cause any engine damage by running the incorrect map. The e25 map runs the same AF targets anyway and fuel trims can compensate, so I doubt any damage was done. So I think I was basically running higher octane gas on a 91 map.
sloth4urluv

Post by sloth4urluv »

That would make sense.
I hadn’t looked at any E25 logs before on this car, and was kind of confused why the ignition didn’t seem any more aggressive than 93.

The AF looked fine so it was definitely compensating. (With the exception of a little oscillation towards the end).
ayau

Post by ayau »

sloth4urluv wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:12 am That would make sense.
I hadn’t looked at any E25 logs before on this car, and was kind of confused why the ignition didn’t seem any more aggressive than 93.

The AF looked fine so it was definitely compensating. (With the exception of a little oscillation towards the end).
Yeah I noticed the oscillations too. Not sure if that’s from running the incorrect fuel/map. I wonder if that’s from the fuel trims changing? Will test with the proper map tonight.

Once I get the proper log tonight, I’ll look into fine tuning the MAF scaling to try to get the fuel trims down to +/-1%.
ayau

Post by ayau »

ayau wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:22 am Reduced the air charge limit of the default E25 calibration by about 9-10% at the peak torque range. Noticed there's a hump for the fuel pump duty % at about 4300RPM. Not sure if that's normal or not or something mechanical.
This should be the correct log pulled from the live tuned map. Notice the ignition times are more aggressive throughout the entire RPM.
ayau

Post by ayau »

Maybe in future versions of Flashpro, Hondata can put some kind of label in the graphs to indicate the calibration file name. That way the user won’t have to remember which tune a log came from.