CEL Code P0106(BAR/MAP Sensor Range\Performance)

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
RCR-FK8

CEL Code P0106(BAR/MAP Sensor Range\Performance)

Post by RCR-FK8 »

So, first and foremost thanks for any help that may be given prior to...(It has [and although narrowing, still is] been a sort of hell-looped-NIGHTMARE)
The link below is referenced to a forum topic (obviously) to an on-going issue aka CEL P0106.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=22982

Specifically to the link, I am the person the individual referred to in the content of OP as "a friend" or the person in case that was about to "swap over from Ktuner to Hondata". Which in fact, I have and THANK GOD (but I wont get started on that as it is rather late here and although I have been furthering my research into this current issue prior to the post, it's well pasted my bed time) I did. I have tried to acquire as MUCH AS POSSIBLE - Data only to be hindered by:
A.) My Mediocre, [at best] knowledge, related to the concept
B.) The Many Sorts of tail chasing troubleshooting directions I have been through thus far

All that said, the simply put and the obvious.

Simply - I upgraded turbos to the RS-450 [Specs Shown Here: https://www.rampagefab.com/product-page ... vic-type-r]
which is when I started receiving the error code constantly as far as I can justify versus any other changes made to support issue or draw a starting point.
Obviously - I AM having still an issue with the CEL code P0106. I have also done MANY things to troubleshoot, ranging from the following:

1.Researching specifics to FK8 and P0106 (AS much as possible and that I could even find...Or lack there of)
-Speaking to personal Turner
-Speaking to Mechanics and not "Mechanics"
-Speaking to several folks through out the forum Kingdom
2.Sensors Replacement (MAP and MAF with HONDA Genuine Parts)

**Note I asked folks at PRL Motorsports about this since they are doing R&D on turbo upgrade for themselves what they did in reference and they suggested a MAP sensor from HONDATA (and no SPECIF reference however to which or if they did experience it simply "Hondata MAP sensro" was the verbatim answer)
3. Apply A Base tune with bot Ktuner and Hondata to see if that would solve CEL
4. Full Diagnostic Check - Sensors were Functional on all levels and recommendation from garage was pretty much "We aren't sure why exactly from what we see,although we don't exactly and fully condemn it, the PCM maybe is smoked and maybe it would be time to see Honda"

Finally, earlier in the night I was able to meet a VERY intelligent individual that said (to my comment and current stance on the issue- Hard fault, with the fact I have flashed and it (CEL) remains) "That's a good way to start thinking FIRST impression, however you changed the turbo? Did you change the MAF housing to support the new setup, because there are (forgive me, but my lack of knowledge as suggested prior comes into slight play here with loss of verbiage) corrections having to be done. As with any turbo you have to give the parameters regarded to the new amount of induction that is and not what was obviously if you went from small to bigger or small to slight upgrade regards all the same, so maybe look into that."
The short answer on my behalf: No, but It was present right away it (the CEL) was although shortly combated with tune became gradually to what is now "Persistent" and resistant to the flash method answer.

So I guess is that the correct direction because I have dumped FAR too much TIME and just about the same dollar value into solutions to solve the issue. I guess what I am ultimately asking since very few people have a turbo upgrade installed in the fk8 platform currently (yet all seem to have instant or "valuable" information to solution, OBVIOUSLY NONE HAVE helped solve thus far.

Is this a tune (As my tuner referred to it "calibration") relating issue and/or can it be solved with Hondata on this level? Or Is that guy right with his suggestive of correcting MAF housing statements?

I do have videos although I can not post them here directly as it seems, to show the cars behavior along with a few Ktuner (Prior switch Obviously) Data logs to show. I could gladly make new ones in Hondata Flash Pro setup if need be. I also have several other items.

Please help. It must be something simple and certainly not a smoked PCM with the facts being that I was able to remove Ktuner and Successfully apply the Flash Pro system no issues.

Thanks Again and Anything helps, please let me know if anyone needs anything that can help to explain, justify or solve this HELL HOLE I will gladly acquire ASAP just let me know.

Attached - Dyno Testing... This is a screen shot of the day I actually took my FK8 to my tuner where he first noticed it was doing something "odd". Which shows where he has 4 runs he did back to back with NO CHANGES in the setup ANYWHERE and got different readings regardless of lack of change and same pull related parameters (Same gear same everything)

DTC...Is an Image of the Hand held, with the Error

Current Mods...Is an Image of an inventory and tracking spread, specifically a Snap Shot of my Investments on the FK8 (If that helps)

Bed Time...Fingers Crossed...Morning, er... afternoon solutions come on....Thanks

Mike "the Plagued one-zero-six".
Attachments
Current Mods.jpg
Current Mods.jpg (166.32 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
DTC- P0106{2} - MAP Sensor .jpg
DTC- P0106{2} - MAP Sensor .jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 2505 times
Dyno Testing - Example Quad Reading No Changes with 4 Different Results -364 E.jpg
Dyno Testing - Example Quad Reading No Changes with 4 Different Results -364 E.jpg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 2505 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: CEL Code P0106(BAR/MAP Sensor Range\Performance)

Post by Hondata »

As per the original post, i suggest returning the ECU to stock. If you get the error code then go through the trouble shooting to fix it.

As far as I can tell you are not using FlashPro so I'm not sure what answer you are seeking.
Hondata
RCR-FK8

Post by RCR-FK8 »

So, Here is a data log after nearly 2 months of what I will refer to as my "Honda Aids" issue aka P0106. It finally removed it self after countless hours today of trouble shooting. Sadly, as seen in the attached items 1. A datalog in flashpro showing the turbo limp status still ongoing, along with another new never before seen random code after the CEL p0106 issue was removed shortly though.
Attachments
First Removal of P0106 - 2-25-2020.JPG
First Removal of P0106 - 2-25-2020.JPG (238.81 KiB) Viewed 2467 times
DTC P00CF - Random First Encounter .JPG
DTC P00CF - Random First Encounter .JPG (246.9 KiB) Viewed 2467 times
Trip Home From Trouble Shooting 2-25-20.fpdl
(3.2 MiB) Downloaded 113 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Let's start at the beginning:

1. What vehicle and ECU do you have?

2. What is the FlashPro serial?

3. Have you have the ECU custom flashed before?

4. Attach the calibration.

5. Attach a datalog.

P00CF means the boost pressure sensor does not match the BARO sensor so one or the other sensor is no good.
Hondata
RCR-FK8

Post by RCR-FK8 »

1. 18 Civic Type R / 37820-TGH-A01
2.FP-CTR-FK8-351393
3. Yes
4. I(I am Running on a current revised "Trouble Shooting" Purposes Cali.
5. Data Log WAS attached last post
RCR-FK8

Post by RCR-FK8 »

Also ALL sensor in question (See Attached) Have been replaced with OEM Genuine HONDA sensors.
Attachments
MAP Sensor Location Information.png
MAP Sensor Location Information.png (63.06 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
RCR-FK8

Post by RCR-FK8 »

Sensor Edit
Attachments
MAP Sensor.JPG
MAP Sensor.JPG (51.69 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
MAF Sensors Ass..png
MAF Sensors Ass..png (53.62 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

1. Return the ECU to stock.
2. Diagnose and fix all error codes.
Hondata
Dizzp1

Post by Dizzp1 »

Hi guys

I am having the same issue, p0103 p0106 keep popping up untill I change the Map sensor. And the issue was gone for half year. But now I am keep showing p00CF. I am frustrated for the CEL issue.

The CEL usually pop up when I cold start the car or full boost with 4 gear.

Anyone can suggest me what to do ?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

1. Start a new thread.
2. Tell us what vehicle you have.
3. Post your calibration.
4. Post some datalogs showing the problem.
Hondata