Car Not Starting in +R Mode

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
Thabigfoot

Car Not Starting in +R Mode

Post by Thabigfoot »

FlashPro Serial Number: FP-CTR-FK8-US-351048
FlashPro Manager Version: 3.5.0.0, Build 1321
Vehicle: 2019 Civic Type R
ECU: Stock?
Mods: PRL Intake, High Flow Cat
Description of Problem:

Hi Hondata,

Happy New Year!

I have been configuring my Calibrations to start in +R mode to:
1. Help distinguish if I'm running a Calibration vs a Stock Tune (Fallback)
2. Why not? lol

The start in R+ mode was working when I was previously running a modified version of the CivicR-2017-US-2-91octane-st Tune (Civic Type R FK8 US 2017, 91 Octane). At the time, the only performance modification I had was a PRL Highflow Intake.

Calibration Modifications included:
Rev Limits:
-- Full Throttle Shift rpm limit: 4500 RPM Speed
-- Full Throttle Shift minimum Throttle: 65%
Sensors:
-- Speed adjustment: -3.04%
Misc:
-- Start in +R
Traction Control Enabled as defaulted

Just recently, I installed a High Flow Cat. At this time, I believe I was running FlashPro Manager Version: 3.4.4. To accommodate this High Flow Cat install, I started a new Calibration from CivicR-2017-US-2-91octane-hfc-st (Civic Type R FK8 US 2017, 91 octane, high flow cat). I made the same changes as stated before but with the following:
Closed Loop:
-- There was a checkbox above Split injection enabled: Disable secondary o2 sensor for downpipe, I had this selected

Flashed this, ran this for a little while and I got a CEL for PCode 04200. Then, I hooked up the FlashPro to my laptop while it was connected to the ECU. I had attempted to open this Calibration file again to verify and noticed that the Checkbox for Disable secondary o2 sensor for downpipe was missing. I unhooked the FlashPro from the ECU, restarted FlashPro Manager, reopened that calibration and that checkbox option came back. Connected the FlashPro and attempted to reload this calibration again to the FlashPro, and it complained about how it wasn't compatible for this car.

I tried again by restarting the FlashPro Manager, with the FlashPro still connected, started from a fresh 91 Octane, Highflow Cat calibration and perform the above again. Noticed that the Checkbox for Disabling secondary o2 Sensor was gone again. At this time, I figured... maybe it's a glitch? I decided to update FlashPro Manager to v3.5.0.0.

I started a brand new Calibration again with 91 octane, Highflow Cat as before, but this time, I noticed in the Modifications Window, you can directly select Disable secondary o2 sensor for downpipe. I went ahead with the above modifications and drove around for awhile. This time, I noticed that the car was not starting in +R. Verified my calibration, does indeed have Start in +R selected. Tried uploading again, Car started in Sports. At this point, I wondered if I was doing something wrong, so I attempted to reuse my original Calibration that I used when I had just a PRL High Flow Intake. This time, car wouldn't start.

I ended up recreating this exact calibration from scratch (91 octane) and car started, but still, wouldn't start in +R.

At present time, I am running the modified 91 Octane High Flow Cat calibration with Secondary o2 Sensor Disabled from modifications window. Am I doing something wrong, or perhaps a bug? Should I be worried about a risk of other modifications not being applied that could be jeopardizing my tune?

Other things I tried:
-- Reinstalled FlashPro Manager on laptop, didn't work
-- Tried with another Computer, this time, my Desktop. Also had this FlashPro updated since the firmware was updated, didn't work.
-- Normally have Stock Tune in Primary, Modified Calibration in Secondary. Tried swapping, didn't work
-- Loading from the laptop as a Primary directly to ECU, also didn't work

Attachments:
4.04 was my original tune I was using with PRL Intake -- CivicR-2017-US-2-91octane-st Tune (Civic Type R FK8 US 2017, 91 Octane)
4.05 was my first attempt that through the CEL with CivicR-2017-US-2-91octane-hfc-st (Civic Type R FK8 US 2017, 91 octane, high flow cat)
4.06 was the next attempt after noticing the Disabling of the secondary 02 Sensor
4.11 was an attempt from my Desktop

Thanks,

Billy
Attachments
4.11_High_Flow.fpcal
(17.92 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
ctr_91regular_High_FlowCat_4.05.fpcal
(17.96 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
ctr_91regular_High_FlowCat_4.06.fpcal
(18.01 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
ctr_91regular_4.04.fpcal
(17.9 KiB) Downloaded 93 times