Rich S-Trim 2017+ High Output (91octane)

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
RedYung

Rich S-Trim 2017+ High Output (91octane)

Post by RedYung »

Hi folks! This is my very first topic in Hondata forum. Feel excited after purchased Flashpro and starts to flash with a few cals and man that differences is huge!

However with a week of datalogging and analyzing, I noticed that my s-trim is always on Rich side, most of the time below -5% and never near to 0%!
  1. Is this -ve strim normal or I need to adjust the AFM flow table ?
  2. Is civic 1.5T CVT does not have LTrim/AF learn value ?
  3. I have average of 10 knock counts mostly at 1-2.5k RPM with throttle <20% most of the 30mins drive, can this be ignored ? k.control will drop back to 54-55%. It can raise up to 70% if push the car above 5K which I think it is the artificial knock that caused it.
sTrim.PNG
sTrim.PNG (54.29 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
I attached along my cal file, I adjusted abit on the EGR Timing on 1.2->1.75 k rpm by -1.50 degree, but it didnt affect the s trim compare to original settings. The reason I adjusted it is to reduce the low rpm low throttle knock count.
Attachments
KCountIgn.fpcal
(19.23 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
RedYung

Re: Rich S-Trim 2017+ High Output (91octane)

Post by RedYung »

Forgot to attach one of my datalog here.
Attachments
datalog0034.fpdl
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It looks like you will need to tune the AFM table to get it where you need it.

You want to tune the AFM to get the long and short term trims as close to 0 as possible.

What fuel are you using?
RedYung

Post by RedYung »

Thanks! I'm using RON95. So this mean it is normal that i should adjust the AFM ?
I'm just worry if there is any malfunctioning sensor like AFM or O2...
i see the O2 sensor voltage still beating between 0 and 4v in hondata app so i assume they are normal ?
Im using stock filter so i wonder the stock afm can differ so much on my car or is because manufacturer make it rich mixture ?
I'm from Malaysia with hot humid climate always, i have bring up the trim near to 0% yesterday, still fine tuning it, will keep an eye on the k.control.... thanks!
RedYung

Post by RedYung »

Here is the latest result after adjusted the AFM.
My car does not have LTrim, it always shown -100%

Is the graph look normal especially on the 1.4-1.6V region ?

It seems like whenever I let go the pedal and let the car cruising, the AFR shoot up to some 29.x:1 numbers with 0% s-trim which I understand from the others, it is normal ?

The s-trim can goes up to -20%+ if you noticed in the graph at lower 1.4-1.6 voltage, the reading is more spreading (-23% to 10%) compare to higher voltage. I wonder if I can/should further bring up the region towards lean side.

I noticed that I got 1-3 knock counts now on 1.7-1.8V region at ~18% throttle, low rpm and low speed, not sure if due to leaner mixture.

datalog42Fuel.PNG
datalog42Fuel.PNG (56.94 KiB) Viewed 1302 times
KCountIgnStrim3.fpcal
(19.25 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
janemar

Post by janemar »

You can play more to fix that s.trim region if you got plemty of time. If not, +/-5 is already good.

Low rpms(2k below) and low loads(no boost/less 15% tps) wont destroy an engine even if you can hear a knock. This will only hurt your k.control/performace making it rise unnecessarily. There is a tab called knock sensitivity. You can play with that.

Worst this can happen is rise up you k.control while cruising slowly in the freeway and by the time you decided to gun it. Your k.control is already high to begin with making you lose performance.
RedYung

Post by RedYung »

janemar wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:33 pm You can play more to fix that s.trim region if you got plemty of time. If not, +/-5 is already good.

Low rpms(2k below) and low loads(no boost/less 15% tps) wont destroy an engine even if you can hear a knock. This will only hurt your k.control/performace making it rise unnecessarily. There is a tab called knock sensitivity. You can play with that.

Worst this can happen is rise up you k.control while cruising slowly in the freeway and by the time you decided to gun it. Your k.control is already high to begin with making you lose performance.
Appreciate your sharing on this. I'm new into this and your sharing of experience has given me more confident on what i'm trying to do. At least I know where I'm heading to is not into some deep valley or over the cliff :D .
Yeah I noticed after I have a few minutes of spirited drive (4-5k rpm), the car seems soft down and I can feel the power lost after that when my k.control is at 60s or 70s. Is this common to Civic X due to the artificial k.control on high rpm thing ?
It really soft down the car.

I have been tweaking around on higher AF voltage area where it seems to be runs lean 3-10 percent at 2-3V region, not sure if it is fine to leave it like that or should I pay efforts to bring it down.
It is the same when I just started the car, it will be stay on +ve strim value like 3-7 percents, not sure if it is healthy ? I know some say the more you know the detail, the more you get yourself into trouble, but I just want to know what I doing is not killing my car :D.
I have been doing lots of reflash due to fine tune the strim.

Overall this high tune calibration really makes my car more drivable in the city, overtaking is easy and more agile.