Problem with Return to Stock

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
FERGPAULW

Problem with Return to Stock

Post by FERGPAULW »

I have used Flashpro for the past two years without problems. I am now selling the car, so I ran to Return to Stock from the menu. It seemed to load OK. I got the message to "turn off ignition" When I started the engine I was getting all of the system failure messages, but the engine started. I ran return to stock a second time. It also completed normally. Now the car will not start. I get the Honda splash on the display, but then it goes black. the start button blinks off and on, but nothing happens when I push it. My program is 3.4.4.0, but I keep getting failures when I try to update. I appreciate your help. Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Return to Stock

Post by Spunkster »

Your software is out of date. You need to download the most recent version and then upload to the ECU.
FERGPAULW

Post by FERGPAULW »

OK, I have to new version, but I can't connect to the ECU. It has a red X. Pressing the start button does not move to ignition mode. It just blinks.
FERGPAULW

Post by FERGPAULW »

The OBDII also has a red X
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Unplug from the laptop and the vehicle, then close and reopen the software and only plug in the USB. It should prompt to update the firmware. Let this finish, then plug into the vehicle.
FERGPAULW

Post by FERGPAULW »

The firmware has updated, but I still have red X on OBDII and ECU. Pressing the start button does not advance to ignition like normal.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

With everything plugged in and the ignition in the on position, go to the Help menu and click on “send feedback”. Include a detailed description of the issue.
FERGPAULW

Post by FERGPAULW »

The ignition will not turn on. The start button just flashes slowly. nothing happens when you press it. Will unhooking the battery car battery terminal reset everything?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Do not disconnect the battery.

Hold the start button and it should do something.

Please send the feedback info as requested.
FERGPAULW

Post by FERGPAULW »

OK, feedback has been sent. Thanks for your help.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Your battery voltage appears to be low, I would recommend that you try charging the battery before doing anything further.
FERGPAULW

Post by FERGPAULW »

I recharged the battery. I was able to connect to the OBDII and ECU. I reran Return to Stock but I still get the errors after I start the engine. I just sent a second feedback report for your review. Thanks.
FERGPAULW

Post by FERGPAULW »

I tried Return to Stock again. When I restarted the car again, it showed the same error messages one by one but then stopped on System Initializing. I understand this happens after the battery is dead and then recharged or replaced and takes a few minutes to clear. I drove around the block and the message went away. I think I'm back to normal. Thanks for all your help!