Adapt +3 calibration for E27 fuel without flex fuel sensor

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
turboroe

Adapt +3 calibration for E27 fuel without flex fuel sensor

Post by turboroe »

Hi I want to adapt my +3 calibration for use with E27 gas (standard in my country) so I am trying to figure out where I need to make changes in the base calibration, can anyone help?

First I am trying to get the A/F target from 14.7 to the correct ration for the ethanol blend. Since I am using E27, the target A/F ratio should be around 13.3:1, or should I compensate for the engine cooling effect of ethanol and add more fuel?

* Closed loop:
Closed Loop Target Lambda: should I change from 14.7 to 13.3?
How to adapt "Closed loop target lambda limit", "Closed loop target lambda low load" and "Closed loop target lambda high load" ?

My intention is not to make more power, but simply to adapt the calibration to our E27 fuel, since ther isn´t pure "gasoline" available here.
My car runs with the base calibration but
turboroe

Re: Adapt +3 calibration for E27 fuel without flex fuel sensor

Post by turboroe »

Maybe there is an easier way to do this by "simulating" a flex fuel sensor so that the ECU now will always calculate for an E27 fuel?

Any information on how to do this?
I will only be using E27 fuel with this setup so i don´t think there might be any engine damage.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Adapt +3 calibration for E27 fuel without flex fuel sensor

Post by Spunkster »

You cannot simulate a flex fuel sensor. You either need to install a flex fuel sensor or you will have to properly tune it for the fuel you will always be running.