How can I use Injen intake with +3?

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
ZeroRGB

How can I use Injen intake with +3?

Post by ZeroRGB »

I drive a 2017 Honda Civic LX Hatchback - 1.5L turbo. I want to use the +3 CARB map as a set and forget setup and be able to continue with the 87 octane fuel. I also want to use my Injen cold air intake. I see the only tune for my Injen intake is the high octane +6 base map. I don't play with my car enough to justify a more premium fuel. I read somewhere that using 87 octane on the +6 map isn't much of a good idea.

I have the race Hondata Flash Pro.

Is there anything I can copy over or do to the +3 map?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: How can I use Injen intake with +3?

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend that you use 91 octane fuel as the cost difference is minimal and it will give you the most power and peace of mind for knock resistance.
ZeroRGB

Re: How can I use Injen intake with +3?

Post by ZeroRGB »

Spunkster wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:14 am I would recommend that you use 91 octane fuel as the cost difference is minimal and it will give you the most power and peace of mind for knock resistance.
I spend another $6 at each fuel up from near empty. I gas up usually twice a month, so I see it as a $12 subscription in a way. Sometimes 3 fills. Nothing crazy expensive, but still, I feel like it is wasted. Frugal mindset I guess. My octane options are only 87, 89, and 93. I’ve been using 93 since I assume 91 should be the least when using +6.

I used to use the +3 map and I still very much enjoyed it over stock. I only switched to +6 because of the intake, but I want to switch back to +3 so I can go back to using the cheaper fuel. Could I simply copy over the AFM value from +6 to +3?
Would going this route shorten the engine lifespan over sticking with the higher octane for +6?