check engine light flashing

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
RpmRAF

check engine light flashing

Post by RpmRAF »

please help. I have been on the plus 9 psi tune for about 3 weeks now and haven't had any issues until today. I was in sport mode cruising on the highway. when out of no where I loss all power from the motor and the check engine light started flashing. also the car would not let me out of sport mode. I coasted into the emergency lane and shut the car off. waited for everything to power down. turned the car back on and everything went back to normal. I haven't checked to see what codes were stored. just wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue. also I have a boomba racing blow off valve that vents to the atmosphere and a muffler delete. besides that the car is stock. the car Is a 2017 Honda civic si coupe
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: check engine light flashing

Post by Hondata »

Check for error codes. BOV that do not recirculate should not be used.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to datalog the errors before shutting it off if it happens again to see exactly what errors there are. Also you should remove the blow off valve that vents to atmosphere as that will cause issues and could even lead to engine damage as it is releasing metered air to atmosphere and can cause excessively rich conditions.
RpmRAF

Post by RpmRAF »

The codes I have are p0139 for 02 sensor 2 slow response and a p0219 engine over speed codes. I will removing her bov and putting the stock one back on. Hopefully that’s the fix.
gtfrede07

Post by gtfrede07 »

Have you ever miss-shifted the car? Over rev code probably from that. Take that POS blow off valve off. That surely is killing the o2 sensors (slow response codes) among many other long term issues your creating for yourself. Ignorant mod.
RpmRAF

Post by RpmRAF »

Just an update I removed the bov and put the stock one back on. Haven’t had a problem since I’ve went back to the stock bov. I’ve definitely learned my lesson on what a pos that bov is lol.