Looking to buy Flash Pro carb couple questions

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
Unolobo

Looking to buy Flash Pro carb couple questions

Post by Unolobo »

Does it have map settings for aftermarket Mishimoto CAI and Magnaflow catback exhaust system. Also can I just run a base map of +6 with those parts and not need to buy the expensive full tune version. New to tuning really don't wanna mess to much with settings I know nothing about. Thanks in advance for your time. Also is there a quick way to go back to stock tune for service and is the +6 safe to run all the time wtihout causing issues?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Looking to buy Flash Pro carb couple questions

Post by Hondata »

There are no intake calibrations for the CARB FlashPro. Only +3, +6 and +9psi for the MT.
You can return to stock or load a stock equivalent calibration, but there is no real need.
+6psi is ok to use with the CVT.
Hondata
Unolobo

Post by Unolobo »

So with those mods would it make any difference if I went with the full tune version of Flash Pro or would the standard +3 or +6 accommodate for those mods since they are just letting the car breath a little better anyway and aren't serious HP gain bolt ons?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

That intake requires tuning since it alters the air flow reading.
Hondata
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Not to step on any toes in here, Hondata is giving you some good info. If you don't live in a state like California with very strict emissions laws, I would recommend getting a standard Flashpro. The CARB one will only benefit you if that is the case. Otherwise I would recommend the standard one as it offers you more maps and they can be tuned to optimize fueling for your car. The CARB Flashpro cannot be tuned for your car, most of the settings are locked per CARB rules.

On your other question, if you get a standard Flashpro (non-carb) there is a +6 PSI high octane MAP for a Mishimoto short ram, and a +3 PSI map for the Mishimoto short ram as well. I would still recommend at least scaling the MAF sensor so the fueling gets dialed in for you. Myself and some other members can help you scale the MAF when you get it.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Well said.
Hondata
Unolobo

Post by Unolobo »

Thanks for all the info. Is the scaling of the MAF sensor hard to figure out? I also hear alot of people talking watching or reducing the knocks? If this is going to be a constent managing thing it my not be for me. How easy is it to go back to stock tune for dealer visits?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can return to stock at any time using the software in just a few minutes.
yos025

Post by yos025 »

EFICU wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:01 am
On your other question, if you get a standard Flashpro (non-carb) there is a +6 PSI high octane MAP for a Mishimoto short ram, and a +3 PSI map for the Mishimoto short ram as well. I would still recommend at least scaling the MAF sensor so the fueling gets dialed in for you. Myself and some other members can help you scale the MAF when you get it.
I just got my Hondata race for my 2020 hatchback sport. I'm running the high octane +6psi. Tomorrow I'm installing the mishimoto air intake. I'm planning on changing the tune to the high octane +6psi with mishimoto sri. Is fuel tunning required? How do I go about doing that. And yes I would love some help doing so.