High S.Trim - Lower than -10%

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
EFICU

Re: High S.Trim - Lower than -10%

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good Arnaldo! Yeah the trims looked good. If the trims don't clean up in that one spot in this next file I wouldn't worry about it, but I will see if I can find something about it in the mean time.

Yeah the MAP for WOT really seems to clean things up. Makes sense, but still good to hear.

I will look into the ignition comp tables, see if it applies to your car. Seems like the new ECU's compensate for almost everything, but it might help you out when things get hot if they do apply.

Let me know how it goes...
arnoldod

Post by arnoldod »

Hi EFICU,

I pay closer attention to the trim and I noticed the trim spiked up to 31%.

This is the XY graph showing the closed loop from this afternoon datalog.

This is the XY graph showing the close loop from this afternoon datalog using Rev. 03 (yesterday's calibration)

I took a closer look to knock count and it appears that knock count increased compare to yesterday calibration although today's ambient temperature was slightly cooler than yesterday.

I might go ahead adjusting the torque limiter slightly lower for low RPM (500-1750) using the Rev. 03 calibration for now.

If you'd like to make adjustment on the ignition comp tables, kindly use rev 3.0 calibration.

Thanks so much EFICU!
Attachments
EFICU.REV03Arnoldod.Current-Plus-3PSI-Calibration-MAP to determine WOT.fpcal
(14.78 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
09JAN20-OFC-HM.fpdl
(5.98 MiB) Downloaded 107 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah the fuel trim spikes are a little strange in this newest revision. Let's go back to Rev03 and reinspect. Go ahead and make whatever changes you want to the torque values are you mention. But definitely go back to Rev03. It looks like it didn't like the attempts to clean up your rich condition, so lets go back.

Looks like IAT comp is to be controlled through the knock control. So I don't know if making any changes to the compensation table are going to make much difference. I'll keep looking for more information on that.

So yeah, go back to Rev03, make your changes you mention, and let's see how it looks.
arnoldod

Post by arnoldod »

EFICU wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:40 pm Yeah the fuel trim spikes are a little strange in this newest revision. Let's go back to Rev03 and reinspect. Go ahead and make whatever changes you want to the torque values are you mention. But definitely go back to Rev03. It looks like it didn't like the attempts to clean up your rich condition, so lets go back.

Looks like IAT comp is to be controlled through the knock control. So I don't know if making any changes to the compensation table are going to make much difference. I'll keep looking for more information on that.

So yeah, go back to Rev03, make your changes you mention, and let's see how it looks.
I'll flash the Rev. 03 calibration back with some adjustment on torque limit not to put pressure to the engine at low RPM range.

Knock control is decent as it stays between 41% and 58% range.

I notice the same pattern as you did regarding IAT comp and knock control relationship.

I tried +6PSI Hondata calibration once for a long trip and found knock control could raise up to 87% as IAT went at concerning level. I flashed 3 PSI Hondata base map, took the car for a ride using the same route as I did with +6 PSI, and knock control was only 6 in 1 hour 17 minutes drive. Knock control range was between 41% and 58% with the +3 PSI basemap.

Hopefully, I can take the car for a quick spin this weekend. I have to go for business trip overseas on Sunday and I will only be back next Friday.

Cheers!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. It should look pretty good and hopefully your value changes work like you hope.
gtfrede07

Post by gtfrede07 »

Just putting this out there....when my trims started being sporadic +/- like the above screnshot...my injectors were starting to fail. I had the car ocd dialed in and this started happening, no matter what I did I couldnt reel them back until the 1 and 2 injectors failed completely...
arnoldod

Post by arnoldod »

gtfrede07 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:26 am Just putting this out there....when my trims started being sporadic +/- like the above screnshot...my injectors were starting to fail. I had the car ocd dialed in and this started happening, no matter what I did I couldnt reel them back until the 1 and 2 injectors failed completely...
Hopefully, this is just a matter of calibration issue. The mean S.Trim is clean though.

Would you be able to advise symptoms of failing injector without looking at the fuel trim?
EFICU wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:38 pm Sounds good. It should look pretty good and hopefully your value changes work like you hope.
I did a quick run to grocery today. Seems like torque limiter adjustment didn't help.

Run 1 (datalog 12JAN20-HM-RM-01):

Run 2 (datalog 12Jan20-RM-HM-01:
Attachments
12JAN20-RM-HM-02.fpdl
(5.98 MiB) Downloaded 117 times
12JAN20-HM-RM-01.fpdl
(3.13 MiB) Downloaded 108 times
arnoldod

Post by arnoldod »

Out of curiosity, I create new calibration using Hondata +3PSI basemap.

The only changes were torque limit, RPM limit, and I ticked MAP to determine WOT.

I took a longer spin in hotter and more humid climate with 2 short instances of high RPM drive.

I was expecting knock count but surprisingly there is no knock count (0%) and knock control is within tolerance (below 60%).

Fuel trim is not clean though:

Apparently temperature and fuel quality (octane) are not the only determining factor of knock but also AFM.

I attached both the datalog and calibration for your reference.
Attachments
Hondata-3PSI-MAP_Determine_WOT-1.fpcal
(14.66 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
12JAN-BEFORE-FLIGHT.fpdl
(4.9 MiB) Downloaded 118 times