Just wanted to share a behavior that may or may not be normal- looking for clarification

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
gtfrede07

Just wanted to share a behavior that may or may not be normal- looking for clarification

Post by gtfrede07 »

I have noticed that the transition from zero throttle input to any throttle momentarily causes the air fuel ratio to hover around 12.5 for a few moments (even the command does this). Is this normal behavior? Is there any thing I could do on my end to alleviate this?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Just wanted to share a behavior that may or may not be normal- looking for clarification

Post by Hondata »

Tip in throttle enrichment. Normal.
Hondata
NikkoPH

Re: Just wanted to share a behavior that may or may not be normal- looking for clarification

Post by NikkoPH »

I noticed this too on your tune gtfrede
Emount91

Post by Emount91 »

NikkoPH wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:10 am I noticed this too on your tune gtfrede
Are you seeing the same on your tune? I think I have seen this happen with mine.
NikkoPH

Post by NikkoPH »

Yes sir, i noticed this on a stop and go traffic for 2 days now.
Emount91

Post by Emount91 »

I actually have the opposite happening, as you can see in this datalog from 2:40-3:00, I am stopped after moving and my car idles extremely rich for a good 20 seconds.
FULLCOMMUTE091919b.fpdl
(794.5 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
is that an AFM problem? should i watch at what AFM.v the car idles at and pull fuel from that range?
gtfrede07

Post by gtfrede07 »

It isn't an "issue" more so an annoyance when your tracking everything. I have known about it for about a year but its always been there no matter what flash is running on the car and I believe it would be there even with factory map (no way to quickly check afr with tach when returned to stock).
Its a commanded function by the ecu. Probably done for catalyst health/driveability.
I'm not worried about it but I do wish we had access to adjust the amount of time it does this. Feels like it does it for a full 3-4 seconds which to me is excessive for smooth tip in delay.

Hondata is this manipulate-able at all? Via fuel overrun?