Knock Airflow Limit Table

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
gtfrede07

Knock Airflow Limit Table

Post by gtfrede07 »

How does this table function and please be detailed with not a generic answer. I know its a limit of the amount of cylinder fill referencing timing retard . If the car trys to exceed the airflow limit does it limit boost pressure? close throttle? reduce timing? all the above?

If the number is set too high what happens?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Knock Airflow Limit Table

Post by Hondata »

It limits cylinder air filling based on knock retard. The boost is calculated from the target cylinder filling, so the car can't limit the cylinder filling based on boost because the calculation is the other way around.
Hondata
gtfrede07

Re: Knock Airflow Limit Table

Post by gtfrede07 »

Ah I see so its also a command function. Essentially asking the computer for that amount of cylinder fill?

Just for example and theoretically speaking what end result would a user see if he increased the cylinder fill numbers in the columns that say 1100 (using the +6 map) to 1200?

The reason I ask is I have noticed the differences in the maps provided (+6,+9 and the 27won turbo map) the later of which goes as high as 1500.

Would this be a adjustable map that would effect cam angle command (either directly or indirectly)? I cant think of any other way it would lower or raise actual cylinder fill without changing boost pressure directly.