P0088 CODE FOR HIGH FUEL PRESSURE USING 3.2.5 (SEVERE LIMP MODE)

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
gtfrede07

P0088 CODE FOR HIGH FUEL PRESSURE USING 3.2.5 (SEVERE LIMP MODE)

Post by gtfrede07 »

Just wanted to let this be known that this happened to me 2 SEPARATE times last night using 3.2.5 software with a +6 base tune (idle programmed to 1100, rev hang disabled, overrun fuel programmed to 10ms in all gears). Both instances were after some strong WOT pulls. The first time I pulled into gas station and re-uploaded the tune via the flashpro device and went on my way. The last time it triggered during deceleration a few seconds after WOT operation almost immediately after letting off throttle. The car would not exceed 2k rpms and would not take throttle but was able to drive it home slowly with every light on the dash. Unfortunately I do not have a log of either instance. Re-uploading the tune resolved the problem both times but my concern is if the combination of "rev hang disabled" along with the overrun fuel dropped to 10ms would cause this or long term damage to the injectors/fuel system. Should I not do both of the rev hang disabling methods together?

I have a suspicion the overrun fueling being turned down to 10ms may be the reason. Could it be?

Please try to help me without asking for anything more as I cant provide any additional details and was not logging during the occurrence and feel my description should be thorough enough to form some sort of answer to this.
gtfrede07

Re: P0088 CODE FOR HIGH FUEL PRESSURE USING 3.2.5 (SEVERE LIMP MODE)

Post by gtfrede07 »

Forgot the vehicle information 2018 CIVIC SI only mods are mishimoto intake and flashpro. 14k miles on the odometer.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

By any chance can you go back out and test/datalog in the same manner as you did, with the same parameters? What you described will not damage the injectors or any part of the fuel system. We need a log and error code if available to further access the situation. You can also conduct preliminary testing if you wish by altering your tune to see if that remedies the problem. For example; it goes away for a while post changes, then I would revert back to old file and see if it comes back. If it does then your getting closer to finding the issue. Log and send those findings. Again at this time what you have provided is not enough data for a proper diagnosis.

You also do not need to upload to clear an error. Just go to the online menu and click clear DTC's.
gtfrede07

Post by gtfrede07 »

I will call it a fluke occurrence that I probably wont be able to duplicate repeatedly until its a truly consistent issue, if that even happens. Isn't there an ability to change a setting in the flashpro to auto datalog when WOT? That would have recorded both had that been enabled.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No there are no settings for auto datalogging.
gtfrede07

Post by gtfrede07 »

Thank you. I set the fuel over run time back up to 15ms from 10ms. 15ms is what the ethanol maps you all provide set this to parameter to. The "help file" suggested not going below 20ms and I suspect this may be the reason. I think (and this is just a theory) that the injectors closing too quickly immediately after higher boost can create a spike in fuel pressure at the fuel rail...hence triggering the code.