ECU code and miss shifts

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
FK7_

ECU code and miss shifts

Post by FK7_ »

Well today I money shifted from 4th gear to 3rd and caught the revs at 8k rpms. I didn’t have my flashpro plugged in at the time to data log the situation but when I got home I plugged it in and checked through the mobile app to see if any codes were thrown and to my surprise it didn’t show any. Does that mean I caught the revs in time and the ecu didn’t store the info or does the flashpro need to be plugged in at the time of the incident to see if any codes were thrown. I am running the +9 basemap and was in the middle of doing a pull so I was WOT during the miss shift. Should I be concerned or am I over reacting.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: ECU code and miss shifts

Post by Spunkster »

There may be a stored record internally on the ecu if it was over revved. this is not something that the FlashPro can see or remove. Its possible that the valves floated as the springs are very light on this engine.
FK7_

Post by FK7_ »

Is there any precautions I should take from here on out besides not money shifting. I will be flashing back to stock for the next little bit to hopefully take some stress off the engine for a bit.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If any damage is done, it will not fix itself by changing the ECU tuning. You might want to have a leak down and compression test done.
FK7_

Post by FK7_ »

Alright thanks for the insight.
FK7_

Post by FK7_ »

So compression test came back, 195 all cylinders. I also got them to check the ecu to see if it stored a code and it did not.