Takeda Cold Air Intake - Which Tune To Use

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
Joshcornkid

Takeda Cold Air Intake - Which Tune To Use

Post by Joshcornkid »

For my 2017 Civic HB Sport CVT.

I installed this Takeda CAI (https://afepower.com/afe-power-tm-1024b ... ake-system)

Which FlashPro tune will work best with this intake?

I saw a previous post that said to use the tune that doesn't have an Intake listed. I assume this would be for a stock Airbox/Filter. The Takeda has to flow better than a stock airbox/filter so that didn't make sense to me.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Takeda Cold Air Intake - Which Tune To Use

Post by Hondata »

Due to the way the AFM works it automatically compensates for any change in flow from an intake. You only need to change the calibration if the shape of the intake changes the way the air flows past the AFM so that it does not accurately meter the air flow. All intakes should be designed to let the AFM read the same as stock, so should all work with a stock calibration. When we find intakes that cause the AFM to read differently, we re-calibrate the AFM table and make a calibration for that intake.
Hondata
Moro187

Post by Moro187 »

So basically just use the hondata reflash tune? I have this same intake but for the 9th gen and was a bit confused aswell because i didnt see the intake tune on the list lol
nappco

Post by nappco »

I have the same setup on my 2018 sport and I use the +6 PSI Hondata tune and it works just fine. Note, take the extra effort and properly relocate and support the sensor cable. Its a tight install and you could damage the cable.