2017 Civic Si plus 6 psi via sport mode

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
quailman08087

2017 Civic Si plus 6 psi via sport mode

Post by quailman08087 »

So don't know who can help but i flash my ecu to the +6 via sport mode. in the beginning the active dampers were stuck in sport mode then the ecu when nuts and the boost went up to 26 and all the light came on. After that the suspension came back to normal but the boost is limited to 14psi now. I cant seem to be able to flash it via the dongle. Do i need a laptop to reflash? As the program button is not working?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: 2017 Civic Si plus 6 psi via sport mode

Post by Hondata »

You can reflash from the FlashPro with the laptop, but you must switch off the ignition when finished reflashing before you try and start the car. With a laptop it tells you to do this. Also make sure that the reflashing process takes around 4 minutes, otherwise it has not worked.
I would reflash the car again, with a laptop if possible, and make sure to cycle the ignition at the end. Then drive for a couple of miles to reset all the sub-systems, and it should be good.
Hondata
cheers007

Post by cheers007 »

@Hondata, can you please clarify something?

You say on your website, "With the launch of the 2017 Civic Si came the Sport button, which enables better throttle response and puts the electronic suspension into a 'track mode'. Hondata has taken this one step further by allowing this button to not only deliver race type handling and response, but also deliver extra power on demand. [...] With this parameter checked the vehicle will exhibit stock like behavior while driving in normal mode. When the sport button is pressed it will deliver the full power of the tune currently in the ECU."

Does this mean that with SPORT mode OFF the car will perform exactly as it did before the ECU was flashed and that the "tune" is only effective when the SPORT mode is ON?

Or, does "stock like behavior" mean that something different than the factory level of performance is still going on even when SPORT mode is OFF?

This leads me to my next question: What happens if the "Hondata Mode" selection is unchecked. Does this mean the tune is effective whether the SPORT mode is ON or OFF leaving the only changes in SPORT mode those related to the steering and suspension?

Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will only see the increased power level with sport mode on if you have it selected that way.

IF you do not have the special sport mode selected then it will have the increased power in both normal and sport mode.
cheers007

Post by cheers007 »

Thanks so much for clearing that up!
quailman08087

Post by quailman08087 »

I did reflash it and it seems like it solved the problem for a little bit but now it's back. I tried reflashing multiple times. It seems like the tune is setting in then out of no where it goes back to stock I lose all power. Then at random times it will kick back in. What could be the culprit and should I reflash to stock then reflash or try to reflash another calibration?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Can you datalog when it does this please and post it.
quailman08087

Post by quailman08087 »

Not a problem, on my way home from work ill datalog and see if it does it. The ride to work it was working properly.