conectivity issues - tried everything!

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
Paluce

conectivity issues - tried everything!

Post by Paluce »

ok, I have the right com port, and two different laptops. One is an old gatway, serial -> serial. On this laptop I I can't enter my code to unlock the datalogging. Actully, I can't even get it to see my serial number for the S200 (1600). It says it connects, but nothing moves, just still numbers. (RPM @ 19999, speedo @ 249...)

On my new IBM, (USB to Serial adapter using COM 8)I can get it to say "Datalogger is not enabled" when I try to connect, but again, if i do a ctrl-M i can't enter anything.

This might be important. I did unlock the data logging a year ago with another laptop that I don't have. So, is the hondata unlocked because I did this last year, or do i need to unlocking it again since i have new software? I'd think the box is already unlocked...?

Thanks,
Daniele
Paluce

Post by Paluce »

Also, the led on the hondata box is solid... help!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you have already unlocked datalogging it is always unlocked.

As for connectivity issues, on the USB adapter, we only recommend using the Keyspan USB to serial adapter. If you are using this one, make sure that it is not idle using the manager that installs with the drivers.

Do you have any other Hondata software installed on these laptops, such as romeditor?
Paluce

Post by Paluce »

ok, good to know that once unlocked, it unlocked for good...

I don't have Romulator software on these laptops. Never purchased that option. I do have the boost option, but I don't think that matters.

I'm not using the keystone, it's a radioshach brand... I guess i'll try that, but it dosn't explain why the laptop with the serial -> serial dosn't work.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would suggest taking your car to a Hondata dealer so you can try dataloggin with their known working laptop. This will help you narrow down the issues involved.