2015 civic si help with tune

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
red_si

2015 civic si help with tune

Post by red_si »

Hello, I have a 2015 civic si coupe with a few bolt ons that I'm looking to get tuned for. The previous owner had installed a 3in downpipe to a 3in exhaust unknown brand and a injection CAI that runs into the bumper. I have purchased an acuity fuel rail and paired it with an RBC intake(currently not installed) with the RDX 410cc injectors(currently not installed) with the stock TB, I should be throwing those items on this weekend OCT 8TH weekend. I was looking for some help once I installed the rest of the bolt ons since I am new to flashpro and have never tuned a car in my life haha.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.
EFICU

Re: 2015 civic si help with tune

Post by EFICU »

I should be able to help you with it if you want. I am finishing up a 2015 with tune with similar mods and the RBC.

Can you give me more information on the brand of the intake, or some info on it? Is it a large tube intake like the Acuity or Skunk, or just a standard tube size like most intake? If you're unsure, can you post a picture perhaps?
red_si

Post by red_si »

It's a standard sized intake, I just got my rbc today now just waiting on the PRL adapter kit so everything goes on without a hitch lol and awesome man I appreciate it.. do you think I should wait until I get everything installed for the tune or
red_si

Post by red_si »

Sorry it's an INJEN intake not injection lol
Attachments
Screenshot_20211008-173808_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20211008-173808_Samsung Internet.jpg (368.75 KiB) Viewed 1137 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

red_si wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:32 pm It's a standard sized intake, I just got my rbc today now just waiting on the PRL adapter kit so everything goes on without a hitch lol and awesome man I appreciate it.. do you think I should wait until I get everything installed for the tune or
Gotcha, it's the Injen intake. That should work well. However, in that form, the intake will not bolt up to the throttle body on the RBC manifold. Have you planned to modify it to work on the RBC? From the looks of it, you will most likely need to cut some of the pipe near the throttle body and you will need a new coupler to the throttle body. But it won't be a direct bolt on basically.

Yeah the RBC tune is 180* different from the OEM manifold tune. So tuning it right now won't do us much good as everything has to be redone for the RBC. When will the PRL kit be delivered?
red_si

Post by red_si »

Should be here within the next few days and oh okay yeah I don't mind modifying it to fit that's no issue and yeah I heard it flows alot more. I just want it to run properly. The end goal is to throw a turbo on it for next spring/summer but just wanna get it running good with the full bolt ons and go from there
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. The intake might need more than a little tweak, and may even need a new coupler at the TB. I just didn't want you to make the swap and need to drive the car to work the next day or something. It might need a part that isn't readily available locally to you is all.

Keep me in the loop the night before you install everything. I will put a file together for you to start it once you're done. You don't want to start it without a tune for the RBC and RDX injectors, it will idle and run like crap. So let me know the night before, then we'll get a basemap together for you.
red_si

Post by red_si »

Yeah I'll have to see how it sits once I install it and to from there. It's more then likely gonna be Wednesday or Thursday night that I throw everything together and no luckily I have another vehicle if need be
red_si

Post by red_si »

Okay I'm going to be installing everything tomorrow
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. I will get the first file together and send it over today.
red_si

Post by red_si »

Perfect I actually put everything on today, just need to get a different hose for My intake which I'm gonna run out and grab shortly
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

You don't waste any time, haha.

Okay here is the first file. For the datalogs, we need them to be in the 20-30 minute range with as much stop and go driving as possible. Basically try to avoid long steady speed driving. On the drive, we need to do one wide open throttle (WOT) pull from 2500-7500. Only do one one WOT pull until I can get some data from this first datalog. I like to see some data before you have too much fun with it. Also keep the normal driving fairly calm, again I like to get some data before you have too much fun with it. So 20-30 minutes of stop and go driving, and one WOT pull in third from 2500-7500.

This will be the 0* cam angle with vtec at 5500. I will move vtec around as we go to tune each cam angle properly. Also, the 0* cam angle will feel sort of sluggish, so don't stress, it will get stronger as we go.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Attachments
Red_Si.SD.Rev01 (0CAM)(Vtec5500).fpcal
(20.97 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
red_si

Post by red_si »

hey man so everything seemed to be running alright. when i did the WOT 3rd gear pull it felt choppy when i hit vtec(had todo it on the highway thats why i was driving the same speed for a little bit. i tried my best to do as much stop and go i could. but im sure you can see that in the datalogging. but take a look and let me know what you think. again thanks for helping me out man.
Attachments
datalog0000.fpdl
(5.64 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No too bad for a start, a little rich all over but that's okay. I didn't see anything weird on vtec, but the fueling was very rich so that might have been what you were feeling. This one should be quite a bit better, i made a bunch of adjustments to both part throttle and WOT fueling. We will still be on the 0* cam, but with vtec now at 4000. Other than that, no knock or anything on this first one so that is a good start.

Same datalog and driving style in this one.
Red_Si.SD.Rev02 (0CAM)(Vtec4000).fpcal
(21.42 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
red_si

Post by red_si »

Okay sweet I'll send you over the data log for this one when I get home