2015 SI tune help

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Z_Cashman

2015 SI tune help

Post by Z_Cashman »

Im just getting a few mods now and was looking for some help with a tune for the mods? I have a 2015 coups si with a q300 on the way and a full race cat less dp ready to go. more planned for it but that's it for now i was hoping to grab a base map for the dp and help refine it in logs with help as im new to this all.
EFICU

Re: 2015 SI tune help

Post by EFICU »

When are you installing the Q300? The DP is already installed?

What are your plans for an intake?
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

I'm installing the q300 as soon as it gets here, I got an fresh one made just for me so any week/month hopefully! The down pipe just got put on. My friend recommended getting a RBC manifold possibly and I'm undecided about doing an intake so far.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Did they give you an ETA on the Q300? I know every manufacturer seems to be having supply issues.

The RBC will be a trade off, you will lose some midrange power, but gain some on the top end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-ldTpZU23U

So keep that in mind when you make your decision. That and whatever tune you do for the OEM manifold will not work at all for the RBC manifold, so it will need to be retuned before you drive it with the RBC. Not a big deal, just letting you know. It's sort of the same boat with tuning on the stock air intake, and then you put on a Skunk 2 intake or Acuity on, the tune will need to be redone. So I'm just gauging your plans and the timeframe for them to offer you the best help I can, if you want my help of course.
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

4-6 months was what i was told, they definitely in very high demand (sitting almost at 5 right now).
That's great info on the RBC!
I'm just on the maf reflash base map currently with i think rev hang turned down a bit, higher cold idle. I got the cat- less dp on now and essentially would like some help starting to tune it up more and clear the CEL.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yikes, quality parts take a while right now. Surprised you got the Full Race pipe, seems like they are having a lot of issues with demand since they use such top notch materials. Hard to get right now.

Okay so you're running the stock intake, and the only mod is the DP? And you have no plans to add an intake anytime soon, not before the exhaust goes on? I ask because there is a long way and a short way to tune these, if you plan to keep just the DP for now, I would recommend the long way which is tuning each cam angle individually, then blend everything out. This usually takes 10-12 revisions, barring any odd knock issues or something mechanical. If you are strapped for time, we can do the short way which is still a safe tune, but a little less detailed for your car specifically, which usually takes maybe 4-6 revisions, again barring any odd knock issues.

Let me know, and which CEL are you getting, catalyst flow because of the DP?
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

The DP I bought used so thankfully I didn't have to wait long for that one! I have just the DP and the acuity stage 1 shifting kit with the bushings etc ( not that that matters for tuning). That's all I've done so far.
Would it be recommended to do the intake, i was told its not really worth it unless i need the bigger diameter later on for better breathing?

I can confirm the code but i believe it was the Cat flow CEL.

If possible id like to get a base map to go around town and then fix it up the long way and iron out all the timing. I'm using the car as a daily so I don't need a super hot tune, just would like a modest bump with everything running happily. I appreciate the help "EFCU"
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That's good on the DP. Every time I see someone with Full Race stuff right now it surprises me because so many guys mention a backorder. Which is just about anywhere nowadays really.

Yeah the 3.5" diameter intakes seem to make a big difference on these K series engines. Granted the throttle body is then the bottleneck, but all the highest performing cars I've tuned have the 3.5" intakes. There are a few options out there too, if you don't want to put the filter down behind the bumper, K-Tuned makes a short ram 3.5" that goes right behind the headlight https://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/9th-Ge ... _2001.html . If you are okay with behind the bumper, the Acuity or Skunk 2 are great. I only mention it because you have a great DP and a quality exhaust coming, so the intake would help you make the most of it. The stock intake will work, but it will be a small hindrance and also yield high intake temps. We'll make it work for whichever route you go, just throwing options out there is all.

Gotcha, I figured the code would be for the cat, easy fix.

Yeah let me put together something for you now. Then we'll go from there. And I don't tune them to be on the edge, so you don't have to worry about anything being too hot. I don't take risks with your cars. We will get it to where you have no knock and get part throttle trims with dialed WOT fuel. Nothing about it will be too aggressive though.
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

Alright, that sounds good!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay, here is one to get you started. This one will be the hybrid calibration, so it will run on the MAF for part throttle and the MAP sensor for WOT. We need the datalogs to be 20-30 minutes of stop and go driving, and one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2500-7500. Keep the driving calm and normal for this first one so we can get some data, and only do one WOT pull so we can get some data before you have too much fun with it.

This one should remove the cat code issue, and should be a lot better overall. Once we get some data, you'll be able to have a little more fun in the next revision. For now, take this one for a spin when you can and we will see how it looks.
Cashman.Hybrid.Rev01.fpcal
(22.71 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

it started up nice, let me know how the log is. the code came back but then went away on next start
Attachments
datalog0000.fpdl
(2.59 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Great news! Not sure why it took a drive or two for the CEL to clear, but there aren't any codes in there at all so that's good.

Overall it looks killer for a start. I've never tuned a DP only setup, but it looks really good to start. I cleaned up some of the WOT fueling, we were only a couple percent off which is a great start. I also made some MAF scaling adjustments for part throttle, and pulled a little bit of timing in one area we had a couple knock. It looks like the car pulled nicely watching the datalog, hopefully it felt good in the car.

Anyways, take this one for a spin when you can. Same datalog and driving style. The rev limiter is set to 7500, if you want it lowered let me know. I noticed you let out at 7000. If you can, run it out to 7500 so I can make sure the fueling is good. If you want the limiter lowered to say 7200 then don't worry about it. I don't want you to do anything with your car you don't want to.
Cashman.Hybrid.Rev02.fpcal
(22.78 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

I raised the cold start idle to stay at 1500 longer and the no lift shift.
It felt good just was being cautious before going all the way. When does the crossover for vtec happen on this map? I'll check out this one
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay no problem. I don’t remember off the top of my head for vtec. I want to say 4500 or 4600. When you post the next datalog, post your calibration so I can use it to make adjustments to next. That way you don’t have to keep changing the idle and stuff
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

i can do a better log if you need that was a shorter drive. i live in Canada so that's why i upped the idle a bit for winter.
Attachments
Cashman.Hybrid.Rev02.fpcal
(22.74 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
datalog0001.fpdl
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 67 times