2012 SI calibration help

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Flipsi

2012 SI calibration help

Post by Flipsi »

Hey guys, is there someone that can help me figure out why my car is running rich during over half part/full throttle? Below half throttle its seems to feel much better power-wise. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!! Here is a datalog of a 3rd gear WOT pull. I have a 30 minute driving datalog as well, but the file is too large to attach. Thanks in advance!
Attachments
DATALOG3-3RD GEAR PULL.fpdl
(11.41 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Flipsi

Re: 2012 SI calibration help

Post by Flipsi »

Sorry, I forgot to add that I am practically stock, with a K&N drop in filter and an axle back exhaust.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Whichever calibration you are driving on has way too much fuel in the tables, or the MAF scaling is way off. Your injector duty cycle is essentially maxed out peaking at 93%. Can you post the calibration you have in the car right now?
Flipsi

Post by Flipsi »

Yeah, I saw that watching datalog!! This is the calibration on the car. I haven't been running this daily. I basically just uploaded it to see how the car runs, maybe not the best idea, but I figured its a start...Thanks for the look!
Attachments
FLIPSI K&NAXLEBACK.fpcal
(24.23 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Flipsi

Post by Flipsi »

I got it from a friend that has a K&N typhoon intake and a 2.75" catback exhaust, so i had a feeling it would be off some, but I didn't realize it would be off this much.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Small world, it's one of my calibrations your friend must have got from this forum somewhere. Do you want to continue using this one, or would you like to use one of my newer setups that is more tailored for your car and your mods?
Flipsi

Post by Flipsi »

Ha, oh wow! That is crazy! Working with a new calibration would be awesome. Where do we start?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It happens more and more as time goes on, haha. At least you were keen enough to notice something wasn't right using it with your car.

Are you planning on adding any performance mods in the near (ish) future, or is this going to be your setup for the foreseeable future?

Give this one a drive and we will see how it looks. For datalogs, we need them to be 20-30 minutes in length of stop and go type driving. Try to avoid long steady speed driving like on a freeway/highway basically. On the drive, we need one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2500-7500 rpms so we can work on the WOT fueling. If you have any questions let me know.
Flipsi.Hybrid.Rev01.fpcal
(24.32 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Flipsi

Post by Flipsi »

Thanks! Honestly, I think I will keep the car in this configuration for awhile. If I do plan on doing anything, it might be intake manifold, intake and exhaust or forced induction but that won't happen for awhile, if ever.
I'll get this uploaded and get a datalog tomorrow. Thanks for your help
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good. Since you plan to keep it this way, we might do a little more detail work to get it really good for you.

Yeah if you end up going with an RBC manifold be sure to research the power gains and loss comparisons so you're comfortable with giving up and gaining power with it. The RBC will generally lose some mid range and pick up on the top end. Also, down the road, if you throw the RBC on it, you will need a new calibration right away. So don't throw on an RBC one weekend and take it out for a drive. The fuel will be way off and will probably throw a check engine light. Just something to keep in mind. But yeah, an intake will help quite a bit. I generally steer guys towards the 3.5" variants whenever possible and ones that aim the filter behind the bumper or the headlight at least. The Acuity, Skunk2, and even K-Tuned ones work very well. K-Tuned does make a short ram that sets the filter right behind the headlight if you want to keep it in the engine bay.
Flipsi

Post by Flipsi »

Sounds good! Yeah, I've read up on other people replacing manifolds along with the supporting mods. It looks good, but I mainly want to enjoy the car close to stock, but with the little bugs tweaked out. This calibration was better(obviously)but you can feel the imperfections. A few times around 2-3k rpms, you can feel the car jerk when you go WOT, but just momentarily.
Attachments
FLIPSI.HYBRID.DATALOG01.fpdl
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah, that's why I was saying to only do one WOT pull until I could see the fueling, you had a little more fun than that. Haha. I made some part throttle ignition changes for some knock, on the WOT pull knock I left the ignition alone because it was a touch lean so we will see if that was partly due to lean conditions or not. It wasn't terrible, just a little bit lean. I scaled the MAF for part throttle fuel trims and added some fuel in the WOT areas. Take this next one for a drive, not that I have cleaned up the fueling you have can have some more fun with it and see how it acts.

Keep the datalogs in the 20-30 minute range and at least one WOT pull in third gear, other than that, you can drive it however you want.
Flipsi.Hybrid.Rev02.fpcal
(24.2 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Flipsi

Post by Flipsi »

Ha, sorry, I guess I got a little excited to get a good datalog haha. This revision felt better especially around upper-low/mid-range, with just a tiny bit of hesitation down low under light throttle.
Attachments
FLIPSI.HYBRID.DATALOG02.fpdl
(2.73 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Overall it looked pretty good. Has a few knock which I adjusted for in this one. Also scaled the MAF for part throttle driving and made some WOT fuel adjustments. Should be pretty close in this one, we'll see how it looks.

Same datalog and driving style.
Flipsi.Hybrid.Rev03.fpcal
(24.33 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Flipsi

Post by Flipsi »

This one is definitely almost there! It felt better than the last one for sure. I did a 25 minute datalog with a 3rd gear pull plus a separate datalog 3rd gear WOT pull as well.
Attachments
FLIPSI.HYBRID.DATALOG03.3RD GEAR.fpdl
(31.39 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
FLIPSI.HYBRID.DATALOG03.fpdl
(2.62 MiB) Downloaded 60 times