Boost cut?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2010 CR-Z (US, Euro & Asia)
Matt Dex

Boost cut?

Post by Matt Dex »

When my boost raised above 0.6 bar my car was jerking at higher RPM but I can floor with 0.5 bar. Is it the boost cut? In the rev limit tabs, my boost limit was set at 1.2 bar. Is there any place should I look into? Please advice.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Boost cut?

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend looking at the datalog to see what might be going on when this occurs.
Matt Dex

Post by Matt Dex »

Ok thank you. I will do a log and come back to you.
Matt Dex

Post by Matt Dex »

I have a look into my OBD2 diagnostic and found out P101 error code. Could the break coused by the AFM?

Basically i already unclick the AFM in my setting. Is that mean even we did not enable the AFM it is still use by the ECU? Is it possible to totally remove the AFM?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you removed and or disconnected the AFM?
Matt Dex

Post by Matt Dex »

No, never. I just keep it in place but disable it in the setting. Should i disconnect the sensor?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, it should be connected and in place even if disabled.
Matt Dex

Post by Matt Dex »

I will try to clean it and check all wires and connection. Is that mean it is still partially used by ecu even was disable. In case the AFM was faulty or damage we still have to replace it. Am i rite?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Yes it is still used even when disabled. You should follow the troubleshooting steps in the factory service manual.
Matt Dex

Post by Matt Dex »

The AFM, should it be locate before turbo or after intercooler (before throttle)? The temperature between these 2 location most probably different.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It should be before the turbo and you should not vent any blow off valves to atmosphere. The Mass airflow should compensate for the temps as it is measuring actual volume.
Matt Dex

Post by Matt Dex »

My current setup is having the AFM before turbo and flowing the BOV back to compressor inlet (after AFM). So i am on the correct side. Thank You. My last visit to tuner shop, they mention to me that I need to have it after intercooler as the AFM need to read the air temp going into engine. That make me a bit confuse. Appreciate the feedback.