Error Message When Trying to load a calibration

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2010 CR-Z (US, Euro & Asia)
ftzone

Error Message When Trying to load a calibration

Post by ftzone »

Hi All,

I am new in Hondata. Hopefully someone can shed some light into the problem I am facing.
I've followed all the instruction in registering the flashpro unit and lock it to the vehicle.
I've done this a couple of times on other Honda with success.
It shows no errors whatsoever until I tried to upload a calibration to the ECU. Now I cannot unlock, return to stock and upload to the ECU. However, datalogging isn't a problem. I can read all the data and OBDII diagnostics is working too.

Flashpro Manager Version: 1.8.2.0
Car: Honda CRZ Asia MT
ECU type: RTW-P02
Flashpro Serial: FP-CRZ-INT-80059

As per attached the screen shot of the error message.

This error "Check the WEN pin in OBDII Connector" pops up whenever I tried to upload a calibration file or return to stock ECU.

The error previously on flashpro manager 1.6.3 was different. It states " Unknown ECU ". When I tried to return to stock error message is " ECU VIN not recorded " So I supposed that if I've update the flashpro manager version it would/might solve the problem. But I was wrong. It just pops out different error message (as above)

Extra Information : I have visually inspected the OBDII socket and wires they seem to be fine. Not loose or bent or short-circuited. The ECU socket seems fine too.
I suspect that the ECU has been flashed before by another Hondata Flashpro which was not included with the vehicle because it was purchased from a used car dealer. The used car dealer denied having the flashpro and the original owner of the vehicle cannot be reached.

Assuming that the wire in the OBDII socket to the ECU may be damaged half-way. How do I check? Which pin on the OBDII to which pin to the ECU?

Help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
hondatanewinfo1.jpg
hondatanewinfo1.jpg (159.56 KiB) Viewed 12716 times
Datalogging is fine.
Datalogging is fine.
hondatanewinfo2.jpg (152.74 KiB) Viewed 12716 times
hondatanewinfo.jpg
hondatanewinfo.jpg (159.28 KiB) Viewed 12716 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Error Message When Trying to load a calibration

Post by Spunkster »

Please post a high resolution picture of the ECU that is not working showing the connectors as well as the side of the ECU.

Also with everythign plugged in and the key in the on position, go to Help in FlashPro manager and click on send information to Hondata support. Include a detailed description of the problem.
ftzone

Post by ftzone »

Done!

1. Emailed pictures of the ECU, sockets, connectors and even the OBDII socket.
2. Send help from within FPM.

hopefully this will help you in finding the problem.
ftzone

Post by ftzone »

I have noticed that the Calibration ID is 37805-RTW-J050 (which is for the Japanese Spec CRZ ECU) -- any body can confirm this with their ASIA spec CR-Z MT?
The code for the Asia CRZ ECU is 37820-RTW-P02
Is this a bug that I should ignore?

I have been asked to send the ECU and flashpro to Hondata to be unlocked. The feedback I am getting from Matt is as follows:
"The ECU has been programmed with an incorrect calibration and it can no longer be programmed. The ECU will have to be replaced"

So my further questions would be:
1. How is it possible to upload an incorrect calibration in the first place. I thought flashpro would not upload any incompatible calibration to the ECU?
2. Could the ECU be repaired or re-programmed to stock at the least? (Getting a new CR-Z ECU isn't exactly cheap and easy)
3. Assuming that Honda could do a complete reset and program the ECU to stock or even update the firmware. Could I simply retry uploading the FP calibration? That being said, if all else fails only I will return the FP and ECU to Hondata to unlock.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

1. We don't know. The FlashPro will not let a J05 calibration be programmed into a P02 ECU. We would have to be there with the calibration was originally uploaded to the ECU.
2. Possibly. We think the ECU may have been re-programmed previously, but it doesn't show any signs of being opened.
3. If the FlashPro can't reflash the ECU, then the Honda tools can't either.
Hondata