Hondata COP cutting out at high rpms

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
crucian

Re: Hondata COP cutting out at high rpms

Post by crucian »

Unsplice the wires. And yes it worked for me and others I suggested it to.
rofeksos

Post by rofeksos »

crucian wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:33 pm I ran power from the battery to a relay. 1 relay for coils and the other for the box. Just don't splice into the ECU power or ground. I know the directions say to splice into the ecu wires, but to hell with the directions.
do you have a diagram you can share on how you wired up the relay to power the Hondata CPR box?
crucian

Post by crucian »

A diagram is not needed. Wire the switch wire for the relays to a power source that stays on while cranking. The main power wire should connect to the battery or strong power source.
rofeksos

Post by rofeksos »

crucian wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:52 pm A diagram is not needed. Wire the switch wire for the relays to a power source that stays on while cranking. The main power wire should connect to the battery or strong power source.
From what you're saying it sounds like I will need to use two relays, one to power the CPR box and another to power the coils? Does this look about right? I know you said to "hell with directions" lol but the ground source for the relay for the CPR box... I should keep that as close to the ECU as possible?
Attachments
CPR with Relays.png
CPR with Relays.png (105.03 KiB) Viewed 10302 times
msbitney

Post by msbitney »

rofeksos wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:48 pm
crucian wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:52 pm A diagram is not needed. Wire the switch wire for the relays to a power source that stays on while cranking. The main power wire should connect to the battery or strong power source.
From what you're saying it sounds like I will need to use two relays, one to power the CPR box and another to power the coils? Does this look about right? I know you said to "hell with directions" lol but the ground source for the relay for the CPR box... I should keep that as close to the ECU as possible?
Sorry to bring up an old thread like this. I’m currently gapped to .018” and still spitting around 600whp. I plan on adding the relays but where are you tying into for the ground trigger source?
Thanks.
Jp9304

Post by Jp9304 »

Hondata wrote: Sat May 17, 2014 5:36 pm Gap 0.020-0.030". Both ICM pins are connected inside the ECU.
So your saying the existing ICM that’s in the ecu for a p28 is supposed to be left alone and we are supposed to plug in the coil on plug ICM into the open pin out (a22) ? I’m having the same issue and this is that last thing I can think of that is causing my random stutter