Flash pro upload fail

FlashPro Manager software
Anthonyfk8

Re: Flash pro upload fail

Post by Anthonyfk8 »

The shop did back up the stock tune and put it back on and currently drives fine. The flashpro is still locked to the vehicle tho.

If I understand correctly you are saying since this shop tried to incorrectly jailbreak it I am unable to properly jailbreak it in the future? Therefore how would I get the flashpro to upload?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We are going in circles. If the ECU was restored with backup then it is the same as the stock ECU. Thus you can jailbreak it by sending it in if you wish. If the ECU had the 2017-2019 jailbreak then it would not be possible to jailbreak it again correctly.
Hondata
Anthonyfk8

Post by Anthonyfk8 »

Hondata wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:07 pm We are going in circles. If the ECU was restored with backup then it is the same as the stock ECU. Thus you can jailbreak it by sending it in if you wish. If the ECU had the 2017-2019 jailbreak then it would not be possible to jailbreak it again correctly.
My apologies, did not completely understand. Is there something I can check if the ECU has the wrong jailbreak and cannot be jail broken again before I remove the ECU to ship it to you guys?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There's no way of use knowing what is currently in the ECU apart from what we could see from the upload log.
Hondata
Anthonyfk8

Post by Anthonyfk8 »

I see. Do you guys still offer ECU cloning for the 2020?
Anthonyfk8

Post by Anthonyfk8 »

Just spoke to APH. Brian the tuner states that he still has my original data and can reboot the ecu back to the way it was. He was mentioning that he could send you guys the data to potentially save myself the hassle from shipping the ecu. Would that work?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

In a post above you stated the ECU was restored with the original backup. From your last post I'm not sure if that is true or not.

We do not want the ECU unless it is 100% guaranteed to have the same information as when it came out of the factory. It does not matter if it can currently run the car or not; if one of the boot sectors is not right it will not work when you try to upload.

We don't offer cloning on the 2020, but also I would not want to use data files from another source without the vehicle to test the ECU in.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but with the FK2/FK8 ECUs they are only going to work if everything is perfect.
Hondata
Anthonyfk8

Post by Anthonyfk8 »

In all honesty I am just a consumer trying to enjoy his car but running into issues and being a middle man is not my forte in this situation.

All I know is when the maps failed to upload he ended up reinstalling my stock map to get me going because he told
Me he backed it up. After contacting you guys I tried to summarize to him I needed the ecu back to the way it was before with the original boot sector. He told me he still has the original back up and can put it all back to the way it was and just mentioned the previous recommendation.

Anyways, it’s pretty clear to me what I have to do. Get the ecu back to its original 2020 factory state and ship it to you guys for jail breaking.
Anthonyfk8

Post by Anthonyfk8 »

Hello,

I am planning to purchase another ECU to ship to you guys at Hondata because I do not want my car to be stranded. Did the new ECU have to be rewritten from the old ecu information or could I just ship the physical ecu and you guys can rewrite it on your end?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The ECU must be working in your vehicle before it is sent in to be jail broken. You cannot have multiple ECUs working on the vehicle.