FlashPro V1.4.5 (beta)

FlashPro Manager software
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: FlashPro V1.4.3 (beta)

Post by Hondata »

Your anti virus software is deleting FlashProManager.

See http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8240
Hondata
VitViper

Re: FlashPro V1.4.4 (beta)

Post by VitViper »

Seems the TL FlashPro is not recording the AFR in the logs -- looks like it's the WOT lambda target instead of actual AFR. Not very useful.. :)
Attachments
tl.fpdl
(213.11 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: FlashPro V1.4.4 (beta)

Post by Spunkster »

Re-download the software again from the downloads section of the website as it appears you have an older compile of the same version.
VitViper

Re: FlashPro V1.4.5 (beta)

Post by VitViper »

Thanks, that was it on that one.

Got another one for ya. Not sure if you have noticed this on the 9th gen Civics. I am seeing lots of vehicles suffering from extreme voltage drops -- as low as 11.9v even in the middle of WOT pulls. Vehicles seem to do it whenever -- could go a full day holding 14v solid, then switch off to dropping to 12v. At first I suspected bad ECU grounds due to the RBC manifold swap becoming popular -- moved grounds to head/block. No improvement. Maybe ELD was causing this? No improvement turning ELD off.

I know in previous generation Hondas the ECU's had some alternator control to drop voltage for economy. Is there something like this in the 9th gen ECU? It's extremely annoying, especially with larger (and sometimes imperfect) injectors. Log attached.
Attachments
voltage.fpdl
(244.58 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This is the way Honda designed the car. The alternator only charges when you first start it and when the lights are on.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Fail.

Suspected as much.

Can we get the option to override this behavior please?
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

OK I have to readdress this issue -- it's still happening in 1.4.5. It only corrupts the datalog with meaningless data when you log using the FlashPro unit. If you datalog with a laptop the dataloging parameters are correct.
VitViper wrote:Thanks, that was it on that one.

Got another one for ya. Not sure if you have noticed this on the 9th gen Civics. I am seeing lots of vehicles suffering from extreme voltage drops -- as low as 11.9v even in the middle of WOT pulls. Vehicles seem to do it whenever -- could go a full day holding 14v solid, then switch off to dropping to 12v. At first I suspected bad ECU grounds due to the RBC manifold swap becoming popular -- moved grounds to head/block. No improvement. Maybe ELD was causing this? No improvement turning ELD off.

I know in previous generation Hondas the ECU's had some alternator control to drop voltage for economy. Is there something like this in the 9th gen ECU? It's extremely annoying, especially with larger (and sometimes imperfect) injectors. Log attached.
And this, please. Just cause Honda thought it was a good idea for whatever reason doesn't mean it really is or that we have to like it.
VitViper wrote:Fail.

Suspected as much.

Can we get the option to override this behavior please?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Obviously it is for fuel economy. We just switch on the headlights - seems like a fairly simple solution.
Hondata
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Hondata wrote:Obviously it is for fuel economy. We just switch on the headlights - seems like a fairly simple solution.
I'm aware of what it's for. Doesn't mean we don't want the option of turning it off. We seem to go round and round sometimes where it comes to these kind of topics -- but it's the whole point of tuning software. Just because Honda deemed it necessary doesn't mean we have to like it or agree.

Granted this isn't a high priority request (the TL issue is more annoying), but please add it on the TODO list.
romeochris

Post by romeochris »

2007+ Japanese FD2 Civic Type R
FP-SI-INT
FlashPro V1.4.5

I experienced issues with Flashpro manager version 1.4.5 (latest). Upon uploading map car totally no power.
Now I returned to Stock, problem solved! weird...
Seems I am not the only one, if you go to http://www.ctr.sg under the topic of...... Car "refused" to accelerate, the latest post is talking about this. Please help!
http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16029

By the way, can you send me a V1.4.4 Flashpro manager? I cannot found from the web and I was happy to use that back! It has no problem before I upgrade to V1.4.5, thank you!
Attachments
datalog0001-no power.fpdl
Log-02
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 255 times
datalog0000-no power.fpdl
Log-01
(4.81 MiB) Downloaded 249 times
Last edited by romeochris on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You can not backdate software versions.

We are going to release a new version of FlashPro today or tomorrow.
Hondata
romeochris

Post by romeochris »

Hondata wrote:You can not backdate software versions.

THX!!!
romeochris

Post by romeochris »

Hondata wrote:You can not backdate software versions.

Just wonder will the new version release today? Thx!