K20Z4 Base MAP tune for Hybrid Racing CAI

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
samgallizzi

K20Z4 Base MAP tune for Hybrid Racing CAI

Post by samgallizzi »

Hey,

I'm just wondering what people have used as a base map tuned with MAP for running a Hybrid Racing CAI. The plan is to install it myself, and then the next day drive to a Dyno to get it tuned (roughly 1.5 hours away) properly.

I've looked at the vault and there's no real base tunes to what I need, some people use the AEM one but I'm still not sure which way to go?

Thanks
EFICU

Re: K20Z4 Base MAP tune for Hybrid Racing CAI

Post by EFICU »

What other mods do you have done to the car, or is the HR intake the only mod right now?

For your plan, depending on other mods you have, you might run the stock equivalent tune to start and I can help you get it close within a couple of datalogs. That would make it plenty safe for you to drive to your dyno tuner.

Let me know if you want some help. It would be easy to make it nice and safe for your drive.
samgallizzi

Post by samgallizzi »

I don't have anything else engine-wise done at the moment. This would be the very start of it, and as I'm pretty sure the hybrid racing CAI is the best intake on the market, I'd hate to lose out by buying something else that doesn't quite match it. I do have the option of running the large bore CPL intake which I know will be ok to run MAF settings on for a short time, but it doesn't seem to be as good from what I've read.

I can do some basic data logging for you, I've had a play with bits and pieces on Flashpro but it is fairly new to me. Depends on what you'd need basically 🤷🏻‍♂️
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Gotcha. In my experience the HR intake works great, some of the best flow I have seen on these cars. No need to go with anything else intake wise. I just didn't know if you had any exhaust work or not that's all.

I can send you a basemap to start on, then send me a datalog on it and we can touch it up.

Let me know what you think.
samgallizzi

Post by samgallizzi »

That's great! Would that work on my stock intake for now, or should I wait until I've installed the HR one? Just in case as well, I don't have exhaust work done apart from a mid resonator delete-not much but could make a difference to you.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah if you want to work on it in stock trim we can. Still plenty to gain in stock trim.
xs7v3n

Post by xs7v3n »

EFICU wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:55 pm Yeah if you want to work on it in stock trim we can. Still plenty to gain in stock trim.
Hello there EFICU, I'm sorry if im stealing the OP but would like to get some assistance as well on getting a MAP tune. I too have the Hybrid Racing CAI but I also have a Vibrant exhaust but for a 2007 Civic Si USDM (FA5). I did a datalog pulling from 3rd gear. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
fp_feb_datalog.fpdl
Pulling from 3rd gear
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 574 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

xs7v3n wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:24 pm Hello there EFICU, I'm sorry if im stealing the OP but would like to get some assistance as well on getting a MAP tune. I too have the Hybrid Racing CAI but I also have a Vibrant exhaust but for a 2007 Civic Si USDM (FA5). I did a datalog pulling from 3rd gear. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. fp_feb_datalog.fpdl
I responded to your other post and sent you message. Let me know what you think, but either way we need to get you on a new file asap because right now things are not ideal. Don't do anymore spirited driving until someone helps you get it dialed in.