Revs rising after engine mapping

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Revs rising after engine mapping

Post by Spunkster »

There is never a time when a race calibration should be used. They are outdated and no longer supported. The AFM calibration should be used and MAP based tuning can be done using an AFM calibration.
goodwoodone

Post by goodwoodone »

Hi there i'm a bit concerned about your experience with your tuner thought as you had bought a flashpro and paid for the remap it became your as even on identical cars the map wouldn't necessarily give the exact same results. Anyway all I wanted to say was I had my fairly standard gruppe m intake,header, catback fn2 remapped by a great chap called Romaine at Eurospec in Guildford inc dyno run and I have the map too. I intend to do more mods to my car keeping it N/A and wont hesitate to go back.Also not sure where you are based but heard very good things about Torque developments in Thurrock and TDI north in Warrington. Hope you get your problem sorted.
el colon

Post by el colon »

goodwoodone wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 am Hi there i'm a bit concerned about your experience with your tuner thought as you had bought a flashpro and paid for the remap it became your as even on identical cars the map wouldn't necessarily give the exact same results. Anyway all I wanted to say was I had my fairly standard gruppe m intake,header, catback fn2 remapped by a great chap called Romaine at Eurospec in Guildford inc dyno run and I have the map too. I intend to do more mods to my car keeping it N/A and wont hesitate to go back.Also not sure where you are based but heard very good things about Torque developments in Thurrock and TDI north in Warrington. Hope you get your problem sorted.
Hi there, thanks for the post.

It has been the worst experience I have ever had in over twenty years of driving. I would NEVER go back to CPL for anything ever again. To top it off, I took part in a charity day some weeks ago giving passenger rides and Hondata logs show the engine is knocking. I've stopped using the car and have no other choice but to pay for it to be remapped properly elsewhere (it's booked into Torque Developments). I took my Atom there (after getting it mapped) to get my geometry set up and they picked up on the "rev hang" issue when they test drove it, and that was without me saying anything. The whole episode stinks.

Cheers
D33@+H-Kn1gH+

Post by D33@+H-Kn1gH+ »

Have you managed to eliminate the rev hang?
el colon

Post by el colon »

D33@+H-Kn1gH+ wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:59 am Have you managed to eliminate the rev hang?
Yes I have!

Torque Developments International remapped my car for me and completely transformed it. The rev hang issue has gone, throttle response is superb, no more misfires and logs show no more detonation. They were extremely helpful and open, and had no issue providing me with a copy of the calibration file or answering any of my questions etc. This was the exact opposite of CPL. Based on my personal experience, I cannot understand how CPL stay in business, it was a very expensive mistake going to them and I would not want anyone else to suffer the same experience.

Cheers
D33@+H-Kn1gH+

Post by D33@+H-Kn1gH+ »

el colon wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:15 am
D33@+H-Kn1gH+ wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:59 am Have you managed to eliminate the rev hang?
Yes I have!

Torque Developments International remapped my car for me and completely transformed it. The rev hang issue has gone, throttle response is superb, no more misfires and logs show no more detonation. They were extremely helpful and open, and had no issue providing me with a copy of the calibration file or answering any of my questions etc. This was the exact opposite of CPL. Based on my personal experience, I cannot understand how CPL stay in business, it was a very expensive mistake going to them and I would not want anyone else to suffer the same experience.

Cheers
Can you please let me know how did they eliminate the rev hang? I have a turbo FN2 and revs go higher when i depress the clutch quickly. Even after i disabled the rev hang through the hondata manager
el colon

Post by el colon »

I don't know precisely, other than the issue must have been due to the CPL map. I don't know if it was something to do with the fact that they used an unsupported calibration method, or whether they just didn't map it properly or did a really bad job. Because they deleted the map I paid for from the Flashpro and refused to provide it to me or offer ANY help whatsoever, I couldn't get anyone else to check what they had done for errors etc. TDI remapped it from scratch