Flash Pro Tuning Questions

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
superbike81

Flash Pro Tuning Questions

Post by superbike81 »

I have a 2008 Civic Type R (FD2) and am considering Flash Pro as my tuning tool. I currently have (on order) J's Racing 70mm exhaust (cat-delete) and a J's Racing header. I'm sure with just these mods, I can get away with a base map tune. However, I also want to do cams (maybe IPS-K2) and I know I'll need a tune for this.

The problem I am running into, is I'm on a small remote island of Japan, and the majority of tuners here work with PowerFC and nothing else. I've been hunting for months, and I can't find anyone here who can tune Hondata.

What are my options? If I found someone in the US with an Si running the same cams with full bolt ons, would I be able to use their map safely? I know there are differences between the K20A and the K20Z3, which is why I'm asking how safe it would be.

If I can't do this, I'm just gonna have to go with a Japanese company by mail-order (Feel's, Backyard Special, etc) and I was hoping to not do that, since it's about double the cost, and only they can do adjustments.

I have no tuning knowledge whatsoever, the FD2 is my only car, so I'm not going to learn to tune on such an expensive motor.

I'd appreciate any help Hondata, if I could get some kind of encouraging answers/solutions, I'm ready to order the FlashPro now.

Thanks!
Jason
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If it is currently using the stock ECU then the FlashPro is not going to make the engine run any leaner than is currently is. There are differences between the fuel in the US and Japan - mainly Ethanol content. A US based calibration should work with just a overall fuel trim change.
Hondata
joel1188

tuning for the FD2

Post by joel1188 »

i have tuned over 50 of the JDM FD2s... i should be able to help with a decent calibration

send me your full list of modifications and i should be able to send you something very close that you can run on.

thanks