Some advice Hondata please

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
UK-FD2

Some advice Hondata please

Post by UK-FD2 »

Hi, I hope you can help me.

I live in the UK (obviously) and have a JDM FD2 Type R which came fitted with a Hondata Group N ECU. I do not have the stock ECU.

Can I use Flashpro with this ECU or not?

Putting in the ECU number on your site says it's compatible with a US Flashpro and elsewhere under the FAQ when asked if it will work with Group N ECU's it says this:

The FlashPro will lock to and work with the FN2 GroupN  / FD2 Type R ECUs perfectly. However if you unlock the FlashPro for sale and return to stock the GroupN ECU will be returned to a stock US Civic Si ECU. In this state it will not work in the Euro and Japanese Type R Civics.

Yet in the product info page it says it isn't compatible with Flashpro, http://www.hondata.com/reflash_07_jdm_4dr_ctr.html

So is it or isn't it compatible?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Some advice Hondata please

Post by Spunkster »

The wabpage was out of date and has been updated.

You can use hte international FlashPro, but if you return to stock it will not work properly. You may want to purchase the correct ECU for that vehicle and use the FlashPro with that.
UK-FD2

Post by UK-FD2 »

Thank you for the quick reply. I would buy the stock ECU but it's impossible to find a used one and Honda want the equivalent of $1700 for a new one which i'm not willing to pay so it will be a mod that has to stay on the car if/when I come to sell up. Thanks again.
lilcow418

Post by lilcow418 »

UK-FD2 wrote:Thank you for the quick reply. I would buy the stock ECU but it's impossible to find a used one and Honda want the equivalent of $1700 for a new one which i'm not willing to pay so it will be a mod that has to stay on the car if/when I come to sell up. Thanks again.
I see this is quite an old thread, but have you tried Hond-R? 01235 530055 ask for Maz