Tables for FD2 type R

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
engjoo

Tables for FD2 type R

Post by engjoo »

I am aware that the following tables do not exist for FD2 type R.

Fuel - Cylinder trim
Fuel - IAT
Fuel - Coolant temperature compensation

Ignition - Cylinder trim
Ignition - IAT
Ignition - Coolant temperature compensation

Knock sensitivity low/high.
Knock retard low/high.

What is the implication of not being able to adjust these parameters on a custom tune ?

The reason is I am persistently seeing inconsistent knock behaviour and power delivery on custom calibrations which I upload via FP. Could the inability to control these parameters affect the knock behavior and power delivery of the car?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Those do exist, make sure you download the newest beta from our website.
ModFreak

Post by ModFreak »

Spunkster wrote:Those do exist, make sure you download the newest beta from our website.
No it does not. Not when we are using the Asia FD2R map. Only the US map has these features.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

From Help about, what version of software are you using? Post the calibration you are using as well.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

Spunkster wrote:From Help about, what version of software are you using? Post the calibration you are using as well.
Using 1.1.6.2

I m just loading up thr stock equivalent or hondata reflash for FD2. These tables aren't there.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Those 2 calibrations are not FlashPro based and do not have all the same features. All the other calibrations do though. It is important that you specify exactly what you are reporting as a problem and where.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

Spunkster wrote:Those 2 calibrations are not FlashPro based and do not have all the same features. All the other calibrations do though. It is important that you specify exactly what you are reporting as a problem and where.
Noted. The same applies to my custom calibration which was done in 1.1.4.x How can these tables be included into our older FD2 calibrations?
ModFreak

Post by ModFreak »

Spunkster wrote:Those 2 calibrations are not FlashPro based and do not have all the same features. All the other calibrations do though. It is important that you specify exactly what you are reporting as a problem and where.
Are you saying in order to get all these features, we have to use the U.S. calibrations?

I have tried using the U.S. calibrations but it is all wrong, my ECU is not able to run most of the features after using, I get plenty of pings and I understand that for those ECU after 2008 cannot even runproperly after using the U.S. calibrations.

I hope Hondata can do something about giving us FD2R owners with FP a proper Japanese Type R map with all the features, else we've all thrown our monies into something that doesn't fully function.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, all you must do is use one of the other FD2 based calibrations besides the 2 labeled: Civic-Si-RRC-1 and Civic-Si-RRC-2-Reflash

All the others have the extra features.
ModFreak

Post by ModFreak »

Spunkster wrote:No, all you must do is use one of the other FD2 based calibrations besides the 2 labeled: Civic-Si-RRC-1 and Civic-Si-RRC-2-Reflash

But the FD2 and the FD2R is using totally different ECU!
dallionz

Post by dallionz »

Spunkster wrote:No, all you must do is use one of the other FD2 based calibrations besides the 2 labeled: Civic-Si-RRC-1 and Civic-Si-RRC-2-Reflash

I believe what they were mentioning is that other than the jdm fd2 hondata reflash and the stock equalivent calibration, we are not able to use the other calibrations for the japanese civic type R such as the fg2 civic-si-rrc-1 and 2 reflash. seems that certain functions are not responding and car pings like crazy. refer to the older thread "knock table values decreasing" it has been discussed by some of the japanese civic type R owners. its gives the feedback abt some 'minor' issues. in the end only the fd2 hondata reflash and the stock equalivent calibration can be used without much problems but with 'very' limited functions. dissapointing..
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

My experience is both cal (Stock Equivalent and Hondata Reflash) when uploaded via flash pro are causing alot of knocks. Even for custom calibration, it is almost impossible to go without several knocks each drive.

I believe conceptually the flashpro is a fantastic product but there seems to be other parameters which we are unable to control (for FD2 type R) which may be causing unpredictable knocking on the car.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Please post the calibration you are using and datalogs showign the problems you are experiencing so we can take a look at what you are describing. Without this it is impossible for us to speculate on what is happeneing. Who developed these tunes you are using in the vehicles?
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

Spunkster wrote:Please post the calibration you are using and datalogs showign the problems you are experiencing so we can take a look at what you are describing. Without this it is impossible for us to speculate on what is happeneing. Who developed these tunes you are using in the vehicles?
I have sent you logs along with the calibration used. The logs shows about 10-20 knock counts which you assured me is acceptable.

I am not sure what to make of this but the car just don't behave in a manner that is predictable. It knocks alot more at times and for reasons which I am struggling to understand, I regularly feel (butt) there is a drop in power delivery.

Please tell me I am wrong but, could there be other parameters which is essential to the proper running of the engine which the flashpro do not have control (yet) for the FD2 type R?