Parts not available under FlashPro mapbase, is it okay to use Skunk2 calibrations?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
BlackSiR

Parts not available under FlashPro mapbase, is it okay to use Skunk2 calibrations?

Post by BlackSiR »

Hello, I am new to Hondata FlashPro and I understand that I may sound like a newbie but I have a long story why I faded away from automotive aftermarket parts world because of my opioid addiction issues in the past that had pulled me behind with the modern world with these tunings. I never steal things so that is why I had to fade away from aftermarket world because I was not able to afford them but good news, I am recovered for 6 years now and I am back into aftermarket parts world because cars are only my happiness to keep me motivated. (Excuse me if my English is terrible, I am deaf so American Sign Language is my primary language and English is my secondary language) :)

Anyway, I own a 2007 Civic Si and I use it as fun driving, improve the good control for safety reasons so I can get away from bad drivers. I just bought exhaustion parts and I have question to ask.

I have AEM SRI intake, AEM SRI intake is found on flashpro, I have been having SRI for 2 years with stock calibration and I am surprised to hear that some people said it can damage the engine if I don't have tuned ECU for intake. My car still runs great for 2 years even I pushed it all the way to redline occasionally.

If that is true, you can say that is lucky or you can say it is just a myth about SRI with stock calibration but that is not my point because I am not worried about that.

I have on my car right now is Mishimoto radiator and AEM SRI. Only thing I am worried about is, I bought Invidia Q300 catback, Invidia 4-2-1 header, and a Hondata Flashpro so that means I will have AEM SRI, Invidia 4-2-1 header, and Invidia Q300 catback as engine performance. I am calling it finished project because I am all about good control and good performance. I do not see Invidia parts under Hondata calibration mapbase so, is it okay to use these Skunk2 calibrations or am I wrong? I reviewed Skunk2 Alpha header image, they seem to be different designation from Invidia header. Skunk2 Alpha image shows 4-1 and Invidia header is 4-2-1.

Many thanks if anybody is willing to share tutorials with me.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Parts not available under FlashPro mapbase, is it okay to use Skunk2 calibrations?

Post by Spunkster »

You will have to datalog and check to see what the AF ratio is doing and make sure that there is no knock.
Boostleetuned

Re: Parts not available under FlashPro mapbase, is it okay to use Skunk2 calibrations?

Post by Boostleetuned »

i can help you with that, hit me up on Instagram. name is same as on here
BlackSiR

Post by BlackSiR »

Thanks for the reply. I am going with the "AEM SRI, race header, high-flow, and stock catback" mapbase because I have AEM SRI. When I reviewed it, I noticed Knock control parameters and it is disabled under "Flash check engine for knock enabled," coming from Hondata's basemap.

What does this feature does? Is it just for changing from "engine check light" to "light blinking?"

If I should leave it disabled and leave everything alone under Hondata's basemap, how would I know knock control is off the handle? Error Code will show that or?

I don't have Instagram.
Boostleetuned

Post by Boostleetuned »

that will make the check engine light flash whenever a knock is detected.
BlackSiR

Post by BlackSiR »

I have another question about oil and knocks..

I am using AEM SRI calibration since I have not added header and exhaustion yet, I just want to test my FlashPro and learn how it works first before I add exhaustion and header.

I got few knocks during 3,000-3500 RPM in 5th gear. They only occur when I floor the pedal but I was at the time of needing to change my oil. I changed oil yesterday with Royal Purple 5w-20 laced with hy-per lube and I took it out for a drive again, I get zero knocks. Does an old oil can affect knocks?

I know I am supposed to have 5w-30 but they do not sell Royal Purple 5w-30 anywhere in my local but only DEXOS 2 so this is why I am using 5w-20 and lace it with hy-per lube because some people warned me that my engine was making noisy and I had this solved little noisy long time ago by using this type of oil mixed with hy-per lube and it has not made any noisy for almost two years now. I believe DEXOS 2 was the issue to my noisy engine. If I find Royal Purple 5w-30 without DEXOS 2, I would try it again but all stores in my local don't have them, all comes with DEXOS 2 so this is why I had to go with 5w-20 and lace it with hy-per lube.
BlackSiR

Post by BlackSiR »

I will explain it more. Before the old oil when I got few knocks, there was no Knock Retard. With new oil, I got 2 knock retards but zero knock counts.. Is Knock Retard preventing the knock? Does good oil helps motor to detect and retard the knock?