A/C shutoff and closed loop control?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
ajpturbopittsburgh

A/C shutoff and closed loop control?

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh »

Just a quick question.

I was looking at other features in KPRO and S300 and noticed A/C shutoff under certain conditions. Is this possible for flashpro? I've heard that rapid increase in rpm's and high rpm is bad for A/C compressor clutches, any truth to this? My subaru does this and I thought it was for that very reason.

And also why is there no closed loop lamda control like KPRO and others?

Just wanted to say that closed loop boost control would be the sweetest thing in the nation if you could, I would bow down to you.

I saw on S300 that there is a fuel cut and ignition cut for the rev limit. What does the flashpro do? Would an ignition cut be better if you are boosted? I am so I've been thinking about it. I usually only hit the limiter in 1st gear I try not to but it comes up quick when you are boosting!
mucter

Post by mucter »

What do you mean by this:

"And also why is there no closed loop lamda control like KPRO and others?"

I have a feeling FP does support that but you're unaware of how to use it. Most people don't know how. I think I can count on one hand the number of people who have figured it out. ;-)
ajpturbopittsburgh

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh »

mucter wrote:What do you mean by this:

"And also why is there no closed loop lamda control like KPRO and others?"

I have a feeling FP does support that but you're unaware of how to use it. Most people don't know how. I think I can count on one hand the number of people who have figured it out. ;-)
Relax mucter. I posted this before I saw the closed loop parameters that allow you to adjust the target a/f. Not entirely my fault as I went back through the release notes and Hondata never mentioned that they added that particular feature, but I do see it now so thank you.

I love the professional tuners on here and the ones that have be using these types of interfaces for years when they tell people that if they don't know what they are doing they should just leave it alone. I guess they knew it all from day 1 right? If all the people that didn't know how to use them didn't buy them Hondata wouldn't really be around that long. That's what these forums are for, to help people learn and for Hondata to get feedback.