2015 civic si

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Tommyred1517

2015 civic si

Post by Tommyred1517 »

I only have an invidia catback exhaust 2.75 and Hondata obviously Haha but I’m looking for an intake right now to get within a week or so but the only thing I even messed with was having vtech engage at 4rpms-4500rpms. I feel like I have fuel cuts though when I put it to the floor then it’s feels like it pulls harder once I reach 5300-5500
EFICU

Re: 2015 civic si

Post by EFICU »

If you have a datalog you can post we can take a look at it, along with the calibration file you're driving on.

Which intake are you looking at getting?

I can help you get it tuned quickly while you're waiting on the intake. Then once you get the intake we can go through and do a complete custom tune. I spend a lot of time on the tunes for you guys, so to do it twice gets very time consuming for me.

Let me know if you want some help.
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

Yeah I do have a few data logs I just took for when I needed them for tuning. I just need to get on the computer once I get home and I’ll post a couple of them I’d would love some help with get my si quicker
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

Also I’m thinking of getting a skunk2 Intake
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. We can get it going pretty good with the stock intake after a couple revisions, then once you get the Skunk intake on we can go in and make a complete custom tune for it once you get it on. Do you have any plans for a DP, or just intake and catback for now?

The Skunk would be my recommendation on the intake, so that's good, I would highly recommend that. Short rams will produce high intake temps, so I recommend the Skunk for the best results and intake temps from what I've experienced with 9th gens.

We'll see how the datalogs look when you post them.
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

Yeah I do want to get a downpipe and short shifter in the a few months. I heard short rams could make less power too so I definitely didn’t want to go with that. I also thought about bigger injectors and fuel pump after that.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Gotcha. The short rams would probably produce just as much power, the problem is the intake temps. With the filter going back towards the DP they get hot and stay hot, just like the factory airbox. The Skunk gets the intake tube and the filter away from the heat and really help temps. It's the consistent temps that allow it to make power throughout the year. Otherwise, in the summer you're driving around on 140* intake temps (depending on your climate) which hurts performance significantly. The Skunk will give you the best results year round.

You probably won't need bigger injectors until you go beyond intake/DP/exhaust. Like a bigger throttle body like the K-Tuned one, then it will get close to maxing the stock injectors out. If you do go bigger injectors, I would recommend the RDX injectors. And please for the love of god, get them new from the dealer or reputable shop like PRL or something. There are knock off RDX injectors out there causing a lot of issues, so please don't go for the best deal, get genuine OEM Honda RDX injectors. Unless your mods demand bigger injectors, I wouldn't recommend it. It doesn't increase power, it just makes room to increase the power with more mods. Totally up to you though, just please get OEM RDXs if you go that route or else you may get into issues that could harm the engine.
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

okay well im definitely happy I chose the skunk2 for my intake. I didn't plan on getting injectors and fuel pump for awhile now. I want to add a turbo in the way future so that's really why I want to get those mods. intake, downpipe, and short shifter is what im going after right now. but heres a few datalogs. I just did one but idk if it actually updated correctly but if not I can always make a few more.
datalog0001.fpdl
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 135 times
datalog0003.fpdl
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 138 times
datalog0005.fpdl
(542 Bytes) Downloaded 142 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah overall it doesn't look too bad. The first file was fairly close, although it is deceiving because you appear to be doing a lot of coasting in that one. Not sure where you're located, but it seems like that was a hilly drive maybe.

The second one is little rich. Both are rich in WOT which is probably what you're feeling. It also has too much cam angle in it for stock as well, so that could be the lag you feel also. Which calibration are you driving on?

What octane fuel do you have and where are you roughly? I'm guessing 93 octane based on the ignition it has in it.

Let me know.
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

Yeah my road and area where I like to get on it with no traffic has a lot of hills so every straight shot I had I punched it. Tomorrow I can get some highway logs there was too many cops today everytime I went so I didn’t want to chance it and okay I figured there had to be something making me feel lag still. I’m running on the MAF tune. I didn’t know what others I could use either that would be okay with my car only having a stock intake. Yeah I only use 93 or 91 which ever the gas station has but mostly 93. I’m in the Erie, pa area
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Makes sense. The trims were 0% for so long I thought it was good, then I noticed you were coasting for a long time. With the injectors shut off on decel, I would hope the trims are zero. Haha

Okay, well it would be best to tune it on the lowest octane you use so that knock isn't a problem. Or plan to use 93 only, whatever you want to do. I leave the knock control in place to pull timing if it sees knock, but I would rather tune it for the lowest octane you use to be safe.

So I went ahead and put a quick basefile for you to use. I sort of mimicked the ignition from the other file as your car seems to like more than I usually see on 9th gens. But we'll see how it acts and see what you think. Vtec is set to engage at 4450. We might be able to get it lower, but being stock you don't want to get it too low, as you noticed with the dip in power.

Take this one for a drive and see what think. The datalogs should be in the 20-30 minute range with as much stop and go type driving as possible, and throw in one WOT pull in third gear from 2000-7600rpms. Let me know if you have any questions on the dataog. Try to avoid too much hilly driving and long decels, it doesn't populate very much data for us. But whatever you can do, we can try to work with.
TommyRed.SD.Rev01.fpcal
(23.2 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

Tomorrow I’ll avoid hills for sure and do more highway driving and some pulls there/throughout downtown probably too. So knock isn’t good then ? I never understood what that meant when people said they were getting knocks. I thought have vtech lower where I had would of helped but no I just felt dip in power but honestly even before I did that I just felt some lag til I got over 5 grand still and then it wanted to keep pulling. Thanks a lot for this revision I’m going to put it on first thing tomorrow morning haha
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. Yeah just do the best you can with the terrain you have. Like I mentioned before, we won't go crazy overboard with things right now while you work towards getting the Skunk intake. We can definitely get some more power for you and smooth out the experience, then once you get the intake we'll really go after it.

No, knock isn't good. Knock is essentially pre-ignition, meaning the combustion mixture in the cylinder is igniting before the spark plug fires. In a combustion engine this is not good. Some knock is acceptable, but I tune for no knock simply because the power difference between safe and knock is very small, so why risk it. High knock count over a long period of time can cause damage, on boosted engine it's very scary.

Yeah the idea of lowering vtec as low as possible has been around since vtec controllers were introduced. The problem is, the high cam (vtec basically) may not be as efficient as the low cam at low rpms and that inefficiency causes the bog you feel. There is a crossover point in the fuel tables where vtec should be placed. On the dyno it is very easy to see when tuned properly, when we remote tune we watch various parameters like fuel demand and injector pulse. On your datalog, it falls off hard at the vtec point, which is the bog you feel. With vtec a little higher on your first file, and the fuel tables tuned, you should notice a pretty good crossover. Not to mention the amount ignition your car likes. It should pull pretty good.

I also tune the pedal to throttle body relationship. So you should notice the gas pedal feels a little more connected to the throttle input you feel. You might notice the stock tune makes the throttle pedal feel super disconnected, like you're giving it a lot of throttle but it doesn't seem to be going as much as your brain thinks. So there are a few little things you might notice as you drive on this first file. You should be pretty happy with it, at least I hope. After a couple revisions it will be just about as good as you can hope for exhaust only. I'll try to do what I can, but when you get the Skunk intake we will go over the whole thing and really tailor it for your car.
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

today I did a lot of city driving and decent amount of highway today and I love how much it pulls in 2nd and 3rd I can feel it pulling more then it use too. theres way less lag that I had. as soon as I started driving I felt the difference, its choppy in low rpms but then I got more use to it and had better shifts at low. at high rpms it shifts so smooth. I have 3 different logs of my driving today but should be close to an hour of driving altogether. I tried to stay on the gas as much as possible and not coast but some spots I had too only cause of cars. I hope I don't have knocks at all after reading that I don't want to damage my car at all. this car is like my baby haha. the pedal for sure had a different feeling just like It was more responsive I liked that a lot.
Tommyred1517

Post by Tommyred1517 »

its telling me my files are too big except for this one and its probably only like 15-20 minutes of my drive and it was mostly all highway. I don't know how to make them smaller without you not getting all of it
datalog0008.fpdl
(2.77 MiB) Downloaded 146 times